Android TV can only connect on guest network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-28 18:05:13
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, wanna ask why my android tv can't connect to the main network, only can connect to the guest network only. This happens after I updated my android tv. Can someone helps :/. I really want this tv connect to the main network deco

Options
3 Reply
Re:Android TV can only connect on guest network
2021-08-30 06:41:01

@NaQiiii 

Hi,  is there any error message when the TV failed to connect?

And here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. turn off the fast roaming / beamforming on the Deco APP.

2. temporarily turn off the 5ghz and leave the 2.4ghz only.

By the way, what is the model number of the Android TV?

Options
2021-12-02 07:45:50

@NaQiiii 

This might just happend to me aswell. I thought I've tried everything when my TV's disconnect in standby but then I changed to the guest wifi with only 2.4 ghz enabled and now it seems to work! Everything was just fine with the 2.4 and 5 ghz combined in the main network until an android tv update. Gonna do some testing about this...

Options
2021-12-05 12:30:23

Hi @TP-Link!

Just confirmed that this is happening to me as well. The TV's (four TCL 40ES565 with android 9 and one Philips 55OLED803/12 with android 8) won't stay connected to main wifi in standby but will if they are connected to my guest wifi and only on 2.4 GHz. I've tried to reinstall TV's, routers (three Deco X60 v.2, firmware 1.5.1 build 20210204 rel. 50164), turn of beamforming/fast roaming, static IP, turn of 5 GHz etc. but nothing has helped. Sometimes is says "connected to wifi but no internet" when I turn on the TV's and sometimes it doesn't. Are there any differences between main- and guest wifi besides different SSID and password? They got the same level of security. This i probably caused by an recent update on Android TV and i'm speaking to the manufacturers as well. But do you have any suggestions for a fix?

Best regards

Christoffer Åhlund

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 593

Replies: 3

Related Articles