Connection drops for 5-7 seconds everyday about 5-6 times and how to see the monthly usage report?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connection drops for 5-7 seconds everyday about 5-6 times and how to see the monthly usage report?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-29 03:40:33
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20200714

So, I am using deco m4 2 pack US Version -2 for the last 20 days. 

Everything is good with the range and speed. But the connection keeps dropping for 5-7 seconds everyday for about 5-6 times.

I talked with my ISP and they say all is okay at their end. My 1st deco is connected to my pc via cable. And 2nd one is in another room also in a laptop connected by cable. Both of us face the drop connection when I face it. Is anyone here facing this issue?? How do I solve it?

And how to see the monthly data usage report? I checked on the deco app and it shows something like this deco m4 no data usage showing

Options
7 Reply
Re: Connection drops for 5-7 seconds everyday about 5-6 times and how to see the monthly usage report?
2021-08-29 14:36:45

@3shabab20 

I had similar situation: my Deco M9/M5 mesh will drop connection few times a day. All units including Main Deco will switch LED to red while connection is down. Do both of your M4 switch their LED to red when connection drops?

I contacted my ISP and they told me everything is good on their side and nobody else complains in my area. 

I connected desktop PC directly to ISP router with Ethernet cable, and observed it also loses Internet when Decos LED switches to red. I wrote down when disconnects happen - it were random times but about same duration each time.

I pressed ISP for resolution. They sent technician to my house. Technician have found that cable has bended and its insulation cracked, just at the entry to my house. Meaning, impacting just my house.

He explained that when signal through that cable drops below acceptable level, ISP router silently reboots itself - you can't see it by just looking at router, all its lights claim everything is fine!

After router reboots itself, it runs again for some time, then notices weak signal and reboots itself again.

Perhaps, you should press your ISP to send technician to your house to track any possible cabling issues.

Options
Re: Connection drops for 5-7 seconds everyday about 5-6 times and how to see the monthly usage report?
2021-08-29 15:28:14

@Alexandre. no both remain white colour when connection drops. 

So you're saying its not the deco m4 issue? ISP should come here and look at it? I also have a ONU device connected.

Do you think theres a problem in that?

Options
2021-08-29 15:34:53

@3shabab20 

If they remain white color, it means Internet connection is good, as far as M4 can tell. If they were red color - that often means Internet issues that ISP will have to troubleshoot.

In your case, it may be something different from what I had on my home network and with my ISP. 

Options
2021-08-30 05:37:49

@3shabab20 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

May I know who is your internet service provider?

I noticed that you are on the firmware 1.4.1 build  20200714, may I know how you update to this firmware, or is it the default firmware since it was the customized firmware for a local service provider?

As for the unstable connections, did all your devices lost the internet frequently?

Could you please unplug the Deco kit and connect the computer to the ISP modem directly and whether the computer could maintain a stable connection?

Options
2021-08-30 12:30:54

@TP-Link My internet service provider is https://www.dotinternetbd.com. When I first opened and installed the deco app on my phone it showed there's an update. So my ISP said let's update it. I said ok.

Yes, all (only 2 devices are being) used  and they lost connection. My pc which is connected via cable with no 1 deco and the 2nd one is also connected to a laptop via cable in another far away. We both loose  connection when mine is gone. 

And as I mentioned the connection only goes for 5-7 seconds and comes back again so should I unplug deco and only use my pc via the ISP cable?

Options
2021-08-30 12:31:42

@Alexandre. hey can u check the data usage on your deco app properly?? mine shows nothing at all.. I have been using for 2 weeks

Options
2021-08-30 13:14:18

3shabab20 wrote

@Alexandre. hey can u check the data usage on your deco app properly?? mine shows nothing at all.. I have been using for 2 weeks

@3shabab20 

Sorry, can't help you with that. Replying to show I am not ignoring you. 

I have unlimited Internet. It costs a little more than metered Internet, from my ISP, but I am paying extra for piece of mind. I don't care what is the data usage by clients on my home network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 720

Replies: 7