Noticable delay in sound.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-29 09:01:07
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: HCI 6.8891 / LMP 6.8891

Hello. I have a TP-link Bluetooth adapter Model No :- UB4A Hardware version :- V1. I am using it on my laptop usb port with operating system :- Windows 10 (64-bit) . The adapter is working absolutely fine and I am using a noise tune active Bluetooth adapter with it but when I play videos I noticed a half second delay between picture and sound which is quite noticeable and I want a solution to fix this issue. Thank you.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Noticable delay in sound.
2021-08-31 09:36:13

@Piyush_1  Good day,

May I know what is the model  headphone paired with UB4A?

You could refer to suggestions in Q12: Why is there a delay with Bluetooth adapter? Please feel free to let us know if it works for you,

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2316/

Options
2021-08-31 09:49:48

@Solla-topee Hello I have seen that page before. So I tried plugging the adapter on usb 2.0 port but it does not solved the problem. I am using a noise tune active Bluetooth headphone with it. 

Options
2021-09-01 07:49:56

@Piyush_1  Hello, 

Locate the Bluetooth Device in Device manager ( go to This PC/ Computer--> Computer Management--> Device manager-->Bluetooth), right click on Bluethooth adapter and check for Update, and see if there is any available driver to update

May I know did you also put the Bluetooth headphone closer to the computer, and try to avoid the 2.4Ghz wifi signal if possible? What the model of your noise tune active headphone? 

You could try to pair the Bluetooth headphone with your phone and play the video and see if the sound delay is that noticeable ?

If still the same , please check the motherboard of your computer and share a photo with us: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Options
2021-09-01 10:35:28

@Solla-topee I am using a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse on usb 2.0 port now and Tp-link Bluetooth adapter on usb 3.0 now and There is a delay only when I use my headphone when I use it by the adapter. If I use my headphone from my phone there is no delay. Also when I first plugged the adapter into my laptop, windows installed Mediatek drivers for Tp-link Bluetooth adapter ( The drivers which were installed for my in-built Bluetooth adapter ) . So I un-installed the current drivers and restarted the pc and then re-plugged the adapter. Now windows has installed its default Windows drivers. So is using other drivers from manufactures like Ralink, Mediatek or Qualcomm Atheros safe for this Tp-link adapter safe ?

Options
2021-09-02 02:51:11

@Piyush_1  

This UB400 should use Qualcomm chipset as far as I could tell, you could try the driver found by Windows, it's safe to use other drivers but they may not work.

If still no luck,can you help confirm the model of headphone and the driver date and mother board information,, thank you.

Options
2021-09-02 08:31:13

@Solla-topee Hello I am using a Noise Tune Active Bluetooth Neckband ( No Model number mentioned on box, I think it has only one model. )
My laptop info :- 

Also is there any application or program to manage the adapter because Windows default drivers only provide basic functionality. So using special software can improve performance and functionality. Would you recommend any name of a software ?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2102

Replies: 6

Related Articles