Deco app security issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco app security issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco app security issue
Deco app security issue
2021-08-29 10:05:04 - last edited 2021-08-30 02:27:54
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone, my deco app today prompted me that my login had expired and asked me to login again. 

what does it mean that the login has expired ? Could someone have logged it causing my phone to get kicked off of the app? 

my iPad is also singed into the deco app but that did not give this login expired error. 

the app didn't even remember the password like it normally does 

is this normal or is it a security issue? Is there any way to check the number of devices my deco account is connected to? 

I've recently had my Spotify and Instagram hacked and it uses the same email as my deco so I'm a bit paranoid 

what can hackers do with the information they can obtain from the deco app? Is there any way to set the deco app and router to local access only? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco app security issue
2021-08-30 06:34:57

@shaunmenden 

Hi,

The error message means someone might reset your email address by clicking ”Forgot Password” and the previous login password Is not longer valid.

Since there is no way to export the data from the Deco APP, It is hard to say what they could do with the information on the Deco APP.

Currently, it is not supported to set up Deco to local access only.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco app security issue
2021-08-30 06:59:10

@TP-Link hello thank you for your reply. 

but my password did not change, and I managed to login to the app using the same password 

the deco app on my iPad didn't even log out, only on my phone

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 483

Replies: 2

Related Articles