PS4 can't connect to my range extender.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-01 02:21:55 - last edited 2021-09-01 02:27:05
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 200923 Rel.57191n (6682)

Context: 

Recently I had a change of my ISP.

Looking on my smartphone, the new WiFi signal now have an "2.4 GHz/5GHz" information.

First I connected my smartphone (to both ISP router and TL-WA850RE range extender), check. Then my personal Dell G3 laptop (to both ISP router and TL-WA850RE range extender), check. My work's laptop Dell Inspiron (to both ISP router and TL-WA850RE range extender), check. Now my Nintendo Switch (to both ISP router and TL-WA850RE range extender), check. Lastly, my PS4, not check.

The range extender signal doesn't even appears in the PS4 connection screen, why? I know that my PS4 (due it's not Pro/Slim) can only accepts 2.4 GHz connections, and that's ok, because the TL-WA850RE can only broadcast this signal, correct? So, there shouldn't be any problems to connect...

I already tried to do a Static IP, doesn't work. The SSID of my ISP router and my TL-WA850RE are not the same.

And if I try to insert in the Manual form the infos of my extender, I receive a message that it couldn't find the IP address.

Options
2 Reply
Re:PS4 can't connect to my range extender.
2021-09-02 05:42:38

@DanielGads Hello, 

You are right TL-WA850RE only broadcast 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi. 

Move P4 closer to range extender, you should be able to see RE's Wi-Fi signal on the PS4 Wi-Fi list first (especially when SSIDs of the router is different from routers)

It is recommended to contact PS4 support and confirm PS4 is on the latest software, reset wireless settings on PS4 if possible and see if PS4 could see the SSID from range extender? 

Options
Re:PS4 can't connect to my range extender.
2021-09-02 08:58:20

@Solla-topee Hello,

Yesterday I tried to contact Sony support and they told to do the same. The PS is near the RE, the first is already updated and I did the reset of the confs (Restore Default Settings) with Sony support. Nothing worked. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 907

Replies: 2

Related Articles