Router frequently disconnecting from PPPoE connection and orange light comes on internet LED

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router frequently disconnecting from PPPoE connection and orange light comes on internet LED

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-01 10:03:33
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591

My network architecture is as below

optical fible --------> Modem -----(ethernet)-----> Router -------------> Laptop

On my router, I am connecting to the internet via PPPoE.

There is a frequent disconnection (say 30-60 seconds) approx every hour and it reconnects automatically.

In system logs, there is nothing appearing except DHCP requests.

Also have restored and reflashed my device.

Plus if I use another router or connect modem directly to laptop via ethernet, this issue is gone. Thus concluded issue with the router.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Router frequently disconnecting from PPPoE connection and orange light comes on internet LED
2021-09-01 10:36:25

@SamTeck 

Follow this thread's suggested actions.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Router frequently disconnecting from PPPoE connection and orange light comes on internet LED
2021-09-29 07:58:23

@terziyski 

I have changed the placement of the router, kept it on a laptop cooling fan. Also, upgraded the firmware, as suggested in the thread, and switched off One Mesh.

Still, the router stops working around 3-4 times a day, with orange light.

Can you please suggest what to do next?

Options
2021-09-29 11:42:30 - last edited 2021-09-29 12:05:35

@SamTeck 

What's your modem make and model ?

Try to change the ethernet cable between the modem and the router with new one (CAT5E/6) and test if any difference?

Also if the modem has more than one LAN port, plug the cable in another one and test again.

You can follow this guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1097

Replies: 3

Related Articles