Bridge Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bridge Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Bridge Problems
Bridge Problems
2013-03-09 03:04:05
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8961ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP : AOL

I recently purchased a TD-W8961ND with the hope of using it as a wireless bridge. I was perhaps misinformed by a website that this product would act as a wireless bridge?

I currently have a wired router with 4 cables running to various points in my house. One of these cables runs upstairs where I would like to have wireless.

My hope was that I could plug the Ethernet cable (which runs upstairs) into this product (which would also be upstairs) and it would distribute a wireless signal that it obtained from the Ethernet cable.

I have tried and failed to get it working, any help would be appreciated, even if it means telling me i bought the wrong product.

Thanks for reading
Options
2 Reply
Re:Bridge Problems
2013-03-09 09:12:17
Hello, JamieX, This unit can work as a Access point when connected by a cable from your wired router. You can try to disable the DHCP function on TD-W8961ND and cable is connected to the LAN yellow port.

Click on Disable and then save it and then reboot the router by unplug the power.
Options
Re:Bridge Problems
2013-03-10 02:57:42

mynetwork wrote

Hello, JamieX, This unit can work as a Access point when connected by a cable from your wired router. You can try to disable the DHCP function on TD-W8961ND and cable is connected to the LAN yellow port.

Click on Disable and then save it and then reboot the router by unplug the power.

Worked like a treat. Thanks a million
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 215

Replies: 2

Related Articles