Not getting internet connection in repeater mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-01 15:15:56
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I use an Archer C20 as my main router for my home network. i also have a WR850N that runs on repeater mode. If i turn on Mac Filtering on my main router, the 850 connects to the local network but doesn't get internet connection. I've allowed the mac of the 850 on the filtering list of the main router, still the 850 connects to the local network but doesn't connect to the internet. I've reset and redone the whole process a couple of times on both routers but the issue still exists. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Not getting internet connection in repeater mode
2021-09-02 03:51:37

@hamimrahman.17 

Follow the article below to find out the virtual MAC address of the WR850N as well as those connected to it:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/927/

Options
2021-09-02 18:33:01

@Kevin_Z I'm sorry to report that I've done everything that article guided but it doesnt seem to work. I've allowed both the physical mac address and virtual mac but still no internet connection. 

Options
2021-09-07 03:47:00

@hamimrahman.17 

Can we have the screenshots of the MAC filtering settings on the Archer C20? How about the Status page also?

Just to be sure, the WR850N is a customized version for the local Internet Providers, so we cannot guarantee anything if it will work with the C20 in repeater mode.

BTW, what is the region version and hardware version of the Archer C20, is it EN V5?

Options
2021-09-08 19:11:09

@Kevin_Z the hardware version of the C20 is US V5. I've updated the firmware to the latest version.

Options
2021-09-09 08:01:17

@hamimrahman.17 

Thanks for updating. To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 593

Replies: 5

Related Articles