How can I set up the Main Deco to use a wireless backhaul?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-01 18:58:47 - last edited 2021-09-02 02:28:43
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 200918

Hello,

From various discussions, I understand that is indeed possible to have a wireless backhaul from the Main Deco to my provider's modem/router (It's a Home Hub 3000 from Bell Canada).  However, I was unable to set up the network this way.  I tried to set it up both in Router mode as well as Access Point mode.  In Router Mode, when I would connect to the mesh network, I would get a "Connected without Internet" state, and the Deco app would detect "no internet" either.  

Can anyone walk me through the steps to set up a mesh network with zero ethernet backhauls?

My reason for doing this is because my Home Hub 3000 is wired too close to one end of the house, and the secondary Deco's at the other end of house can barely provide 10-30% of the speed.  By setting up my main Deco with a wireless backhaul, I can position it more centrally in the house, and hopefully achieve better average bandwidth everywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How can I set up the Main Deco to use a wireless backhaul?-Solution
2021-09-01 20:25:42 - last edited 2021-09-02 02:28:43

@waqqas31 

Main Deco must be connected to ISP Modem/Router with Ethernet cable. 

"Backhaul" is used to describe connection between Deco units, which is different. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:How can I set up the Main Deco to use a wireless backhaul?-Solution
2021-09-01 20:25:42 - last edited 2021-09-02 02:28:43

@waqqas31 

Main Deco must be connected to ISP Modem/Router with Ethernet cable. 

"Backhaul" is used to describe connection between Deco units, which is different. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How can I set up the Main Deco to use a wireless backhaul?
2021-09-02 02:35:23

Hi, @waqqas31 

Alexandre is right and the main Deco needs to be wired to the ISP modem all the time.

Since I have seen quite a few users have the same confusion and think main Deco could wirelessly connect to the ISP modem, I wonder whether you have seen something else that implied that they could work together wirelessly?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 943

Replies: 2