DECO M4 Satellite Router keeps dropping connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-02 05:28:28 - last edited 2021-09-02 05:42:44
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.41 Build 20200714 Rel. 47859

I recently bought a Deco M4 2-pack, which was working fine for the first couple of days. Then recently, the satellite deco started dropping connections and won't connect to any devices. In the Deco app it shows that the router is online but all the devices near it aren't able to connect to it (it shows Obtaining IP Address on phones). After rebooting the satellite unit, the nearby devices are able to connect to the internet. 

My satellite Deco is connected to the main Deco via wireless connection and my main Deco is connected to the internet via an Ethernet cable provided to me by my ISP (PPPoE). The two Decos I have are within line of sight of one another and has 3 full bar connection. I don't think positioning is causing any issue.

This loss of connection on the second and only satellite deco does not affect the connection of the main deco, which stays connected regardless of whether the other deco is accepting any connections.

Here's all the logs: 

https://gist.github.com/WreckRox/c23cae71fc9a5dcf5227ca3ab4ffdb16  (6 files)

Options
6 Reply
Re:DECO M4 Satellite Router keeps dropping connections
2021-09-03 12:57:04

Bumping. Need advice.

Options
2021-09-06 12:05:12

@WreckRox 

Thanks for the update.

Except for the logs, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Would satellite Deco turn red?

2. How often did the satellite Deco drop the connection?

3. Did you have any wired laptop which could test whether the Ethernet connection dropped as well?

In case the issue is related to the hardware of this Deco, could you please change it as the main Deco to see whether it would also drop the connection:

How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco?

Options
2021-09-06 15:51:43

@TP-Link 

1. The satellite does not change LED to red and it stays white.

2. It drops connection randomly. Sometimes it takes only a few minutes and sometimes it takes an hour or so.

3. It's not possible to check the wired connection unfortunately.

I'll try exchanging the two routers to see if it's an issue with that specific unit and update the thread with my findings.

Options
2021-09-06 17:44:33

@TP-Link 

Update: I tried to use my satellite deco as my main but the light stayed red after plugging in the ethernet cable and setting it as the main deco. I switched back to my original main deco, I just plugged in the ethernet cable and set it as the main deco and my internet came back instantly with both the decos connecting to the internet. 

Should I ask the shop I bought it from to replace my decos? I have warranty.

Options
2021-09-07 11:17:28

@WreckRox 

Thank you very much for your kind update.

Before we confirm the satellite Deco is broken, I'd like to forward your case to the senior engineers for a further check, and please have a check of your email address for further assistance.

May I know who is your internet service provider and Did you need VLAN for the PPPoE connection?

Options
2021-09-07 15:01:21

@TP-Link I've replied to my support e-mail. Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 981

Replies: 6