Can I plug into a satelite Deco to obtain a faster wired speed?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-03 11:25:13
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

I have 3xS4 set up. One front room wired to the Virgin router (which is in modem mode). The other in the bedroom above, and then the 3rd in my office at the back of the house.

I am getting reasonable speed from the office one that gets its signal from the bedroom one. Is there a way to wire into this office one via ethernet to obtain a faster connection? I also feel like I would get better wifi speeds from the one in the bedroom but appears there is no force connect to a certain S4 is this correct?

Thanks guys,

Chris

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can I plug into a satelite Deco to obtain a faster wired speed?
2021-09-06 11:34:57

@chrisrmorg 

Hi, yes, the current firmware does not support manually selecting the signal source.

May you could relocate the 2 satellite Decos and make they are placed like an equilateral triangle, or connect the 3rd S4 via Ethernet cable to the main S4.

Options
2021-09-06 11:38:35

@TP-Link they are currently placed, one in the room above the main deco, then the third in the room adjacent where my machine is. There is no way to run an ethernet through the celing or walls the whole point is that it is wireless to these hubs. Can I not wire into the 3d Deco to recieve any boost in connect speed?

Options
2021-09-06 19:43:48 - last edited 2021-09-06 19:46:14

@chrisrmorg 

I can understand that this is what you have now:

[Main Deco]<---WiFi backhaul--->[Bedroom Deco]<---WiFi backhaul--->[Office Deco]

It is not clear what do you want to wire to where. Do you want to connect Bedroom and Office Decos by Ethernet cable, perhaps? Meaning:

[Main Deco]<---WiFi backhaul--->[Bedroom Deco]<---Ethernet cable--->[Office Deco]

or is it something else that you are asking?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 882

Replies: 3