OpenVPN access devices on local LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-03 11:33:06 - last edited 2021-09-03 11:58:35
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 201207

Hi,

I have seen other questions regarding this issue, but none of the answers have helped me so far. 

I have a simple setup where I am using the 4G router to function as an external access point for a building management device. The SIM is configured to have a static IP. I have configured the OpenVPN within the router as client access: Home Network only and I am able to connect to the VPN. 

The problem arises that I have to access the building management device, which resides at 192.168.6.100, which only allows access from the same subnet. Since the VPN client by definition has a different subnet, I am not able to connect to the system. When connected directly to the router, this does function without problems.

Is there a workaround for this, by for example setting static routing options? The current routing options are only the default ones in the router

Thank you in advance. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:OpenVPN access devices on local LAN
2021-09-04 20:36:01

@Abas 

Hi,

I doubt there is an easy workaround for your problem from the TL-MR6400's side. I think the routing is not the problem. Apparently the building management device doesn't allow connections from remote clients.

Have you checked in the documentation of the building management device if that behavior can be changed by adjusting a setting?

Is that building management device basically a "black box" with wires coming out or is it more like a computer running a common operating system?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 1

Related Articles