Deco M5 causing network conflict

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-03 12:53:11
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210203 Rel. 68223

Got a 3 Deco M5 system and are currently using 2.  

Have the main unit, connected to a switch, which connects via Ethernet wire to ISP ONT (modem) Huawei HG8145V5 on DHCP.  The second unit, connected via Ethernet, directly to ISP modem.  System is configured as Access Point. 

For the first 3 weeks worked like a charm. Suddenly, internet speed began slowly falling (2-3 days) until I got no internet al all, including direct connection to ISP modem.  At first, thought the problem was on the ISP or the modem itself, because Decos were on green and according to the App, working fine.  ISP made tests and confirmed the service and modem were fine, so I disconnected Decos, restart ISP modem and everything went back to normal.

I then reset both decos and erased network to set them up as they were first working.  Worked fine for 18 hours. 

The point now is that main Deco works perfect and on first setup, slave/satellite Deco "freezes" and stops transmission, although still can see and can connect to its SSID but get no navigation at all, and after 8 or so hours, all the network begins to stall, until I unplug slave/satellite Deco everything goes back to normal. 

Main Deco, has been working well alone, since that, for 3 days.  Please, need help with this issue.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 causing network conflict
2021-09-06 11:53:59

@JRVS 

Hi, Could you please draw a simple picture of your network map, such as:

if all the satellite Deco units are wirelessly connected to the main Deco, would the same issue still exist?

Options
2021-09-06 13:31:36

@TP-Link  Thanks for the quick reply. 

It is important to tell that I upgraded firmware to 1.6 and tried both Router and AP mode.  Also, the 2ndM5 is located a little far away (about 60ft) from MainM5 on a 2-floor solid brick-wall house, and although 1.6 firmware was supposed to allow selection of signal, it doesn't (iOS 15 iPhone).  Right now I decided to unplug 2ndM5 and the network runs perfect.

Sorry for my ugly drawing, but it helps to explain the layout.  

Options
2021-09-07 10:04:05

@JRVS 

Hi, Currently, I have two guesses:

1. Ethernet backhaul of secondary Deco is not working and wireless backhaul has been activated. Since the 2nd Deco is still wired to the switch, there would be a loop in the network.

so May I know the model number of your network switch?

If the secondary Deco is wirelessly added into the Mesh, no Ethernet cable to HG8145V5, did the same issue still exist?

2. The issue with the satellite unit might be related to the smart DHCP and Deco failed to detect the DHCP server and activated its smart DHCP.

Have you ever checked the IP settings on the devices when the whole network stalled, especially the default gateway on the devices, such as:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 822

Replies: 3

Related Articles