Deco M4R and E4R need to select the source signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-03 13:06:11
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I've just purchase these mesh wifi. My network layout is combination of Deco M4 and E4 (3 pack of M4 and 2 pack of E4) for the house with 3 floors. As i said in the title, what i really need is the selection for the source of signal for each of them. Because now, they pick the wrong source , not the nearest source.

I already search topic in this forum and see some of administrator said there are beta Firmware. Please help me!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M4R and E4R need to select the source signal
2021-09-05 14:04:35 - last edited 2021-09-05 14:05:14

Update:

For @TP-Link  and your team: In my country,  the price for mesh wifi deco is expensive.  I purchase 5 pack of deco and I hope that the price will suits to the quality of products,  customer services! But this is so DISAPPOINTED!  In Vietnam i have to call so many times without response!  Email,  communication etc... That is the ways you guys treat to customers!?  And over a year you guys can not release the firrmware for all the mesh products that optional to select the signal soure which is have to be on the mesh system like DECO !  I have both E4 and M4 and now i know i buy the rubbishes!  This is the last mention to you @TP-Link .  I will return the product ! 

Options
2021-09-06 01:51:03

@Loka 

Hi, please have a check of the message for the beta firmware.

PS: the beta firmware is only working when the Deco M4 has not been updated to the firmware 1.5.x.

If the beta firmware is not working, I have also left my email address and it would be highly appreciated that you could help me get the following information so that I could forward your case to the senior engineers.

1. A picture of your floor map about the distance and location of each Deco unit.

2. A screenshot of the network map on the Web UI.

3. A  screenshot of the signal source on the farthest Deco which is not connecting to the main Deco, such as:

By the way, is there any issue that has been caused by the wrong signal source?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-09-06 05:40:17 - last edited 2021-09-06 06:57:22

@TP-Link

TP-Link wrote

@Loka 

Hi, please have a check of the message for the beta firmware.

PS: the beta firmware is only working when the Deco M4 has not been updated to the firmware 1.5.x.

If the beta firmware is not working, I have also left my email address and it would be highly appreciated that you could help me get the following information so that I could forward your case to the senior engineers.

1. A picture of your floor map about the distance and location of each Deco unit.

2. A screenshot of the network map on the Web UI.

3. A  screenshot of the signal source on the farthest Deco which is not connecting to the main Deco, such as:

By the way, is there any issue that has been caused by the wrong signal source?

Thank you very much.

After install this beta firmware here is some feedback:

- There is no option for select the source signal

- Nothing so differrent fromt he previous fw

Could you please tell me what is changes in this beta fw ? 

You can contact me directly via that email.  

Options
2021-09-06 06:32:52

@TP-Link here is my mesh map

Options
2022-01-26 16:38:42

Is there any update about this or TP-Link keeps ignoring it, event after more than 50 topics in this forum about that???

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1481

Replies: 5

Related Articles