When is Onemesh support coming to AP Mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-03 21:33:40
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20210726 rel.82278(5553)

Here's some backstory for context. There's a TL;DR at the bottom, if you don't feel like reading.

For the past number of years, I've used Omada AP's with an Ehternet backhaul that served my last home very well. Stable and fast connection with seamless roaming throughout. Fastforward to my new home and I have no wiring (coax or Ethernet), powerline is spotty, and the house consists of many materials that pose issues for Wi-Fi networks. So, in attempting to get a whole home Wi-Fi network configured, I've run into some issues with my Omada AP's in mesh mode, as their range isn't the best. To remedy this, I've tried multiple routers and other mesh systems and continue to have deadspots.

As of yesterday, I purchased a TP-Link AX90 (AX6600) router. This does well in penetrating the materials that the other systems failed to do so and it has the added benefit of Onemesh. With Onemesh, I could (in theory) seamlessly roam to a TP-Link range extender in my detached garage. After purchasing a RE315, I've discovered the Onemesh feature can only be enabled in Router mode. Putting the AX90 in router mode means that I am stuck with double NAT. Unfortunately, I don't have the option of bypassing the ISP router/modem combo, as it's required to deliver Internet, phone, and TV services.

Given the cost of the router and the fact that it's not really a huge ask, I'd like to know when we can expect Onemesh in AP mode.

TL;DR

When is Onemesh coming to AP mode for the Archer AX90?

Options
3 Reply
Re:When is Onemesh support coming to AP Mode?
2021-09-06 07:58:41

@giterdone 

I honestly do not have an answer for that since I am not in software development. We do report this request to the related department for consideration, while there is no update yet. we don't get advanced notice of when new updates are being released or when a feature update will be available.  

If you require it now, I am afraid you need to buy one that already supports it.

Options
2021-09-07 00:36:33

Thanks, @Kevin_Z. Is there a model that currently supports that feature?

Options
2021-09-07 01:44:09

@giterdone 

No, we currently don't have a Wi-Fi router that supports Onemesh when working in AP mode.sad

You can check if Deco mesh can meet your requirement. You can connect the Deco to the ISP router and make it work as an AP, it can still build up a mesh system with the other nodes. Visit this FAQ to connect the Deco to the existing network: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1432/.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 958

Replies: 3

Related Articles