Signal booster - can’t obtain IP / No internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-04 07:56:02
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I've set up the RE450 fine and it worked great when first connecting to the extender SSID - however, once I changed network to my main SSID then tried to switch back to the extender, it fails to connect. On Android I get the error "can't obtain IP" and on iPhone it says "no Internet connection".

The booster has all the LEDs on full and is functioning fine. I'm certain it has nothing to do with the location as it connected fine first time.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Signal booster - can’t obtain IP / No internet connection
2021-09-06 02:14:00 - last edited 2021-09-06 02:14:54

@Franko99 Good day, 

Thank  you for your valuable feedback.Please confirm your RE450 is on the latest firmware:(select hardware version first before download corresponded firmware)

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re450/

It is recommended to factory reset range extender and set up with router again, make sure Range extender is connected to router directly not through other extender or APs.

(unplug other extenders if there is any)

Use Ext SSID first later change to the same SSID as main router, can the issue be reproduced? 

If so, please let us know the model of router and  your network topology, do you have other extenders or APs? e.g. router <wireless>RE450

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 323

Replies: 1