deco x60 random lan port downgrade speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-04 08:54:34
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel. 50164

Hi my decos are having lan sport speeds downgraded randomly from 1000 Mbps to 100 Mbps, all my cables connected to them are cat6 certified and have checked them they don't have shorts or anything, for example I have an nvidia shield directly connected via cat 7a to the deco and randomly I will get 100 Mbps but when rebooting the deco the speed will again increase in the port to 1000 Mbps, also I have 2 laptops connected directly to 2 different decos via Cat 6e directly to the port and will again randomly go to 100 Mbps or sometimes they will not even get Lan signal, all my decos are in AP mode, I have checked all my cables for shorts and even replaced them with the same behavior.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Options
9 Reply
Re:deco x60 random lan port downgrade speed
2021-09-09 10:03:52

@screegie 

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Can I have a picture of the network topology of your Deco Mesh system?

May I know the model number of the main router and if there is any network switch, please also tell me the model number as well.

Were you able to reproduce the same issue most of the time?

Options
2021-09-13 00:22:21

@TP-Link where do I get the network topology picture? My network switch is a taking sg108e, the error gets randomly but I noticed that after putting the deco in router mode and enabling IP6 and then putting it again in AP mode it occurs less, my router is an untangle firewall with a qtom small computer all nics are Intel 1gbps

Regards

Options
2021-10-18 22:00:14

@screegie Anyone can help?

Options
2021-10-19 00:42:50 - last edited 2021-10-19 00:47:10

@screegie 

This is an example of network topology TP-Link Support asks you about. It is just how different Deco, switches, laptops, and so on connected to each other.

You do not need to produce something as fancy as that. Use MS Paint or just draw a picture by hand and make clear photo of it, attach it to reply. Make sure to specify which connections are by Ethernet cable and which are wireless.

TP-Link Support can't do much without that information.

Please specify exactly the brand and model name of your ISP router, and for switch I am assuming you meant TP-Link SG108E. 

Also, it would help if you could tell how do you find on laptops that they switched to 100Mbps: by running speed test, by checking adapter status?

You are saying you have 2 laptops connected directly to 2 different Decos with Ethernet cables and they both drop to 100Mbps or lose LAN totally. If you bought set of X60s, it should have come with Ethernet cable. Please use that cable to connect one of laptops to X60 and see if that laptop no longer downgrades port speed to 100Mbps.

Also, for very short distance even CAT 5 or CAT 5e of good quality can handle gigabit. If you happened to have short CAT 5 (5e) cable laying around unused, connect second laptop to its X60 Deco with that cable. Try same for nvidia shield you have.

In my experience, older cables are, less discrepancy in their quality is.

The thing is, what you describe sounds as either Deco X60 hardware issue, or you just unlucky with your Cat 6/7 cables.

Finally, on laptops if these are Windows laptops, check under Windows Update -> View Optional Updates -> Driver Updates if there is an update for your LAN networking driver, and install it if there is. Example:

> "I noticed that after putting the deco in router mode and enabling IP6 and then putting it again in AP mode it occurs less"

That should not have made any difference. Port speed should have been negotiated on hardware level. If it makes no difference for you, please keep Deco mesh in Access Point mode and on IPv4 exclusively, and also disable IPv6 support on Router, too.

Options
2021-10-19 01:11:46

@screegie 

ISP ONT > TL-SG108E 1.0 > 4 decos x60 all wired with cat 7a (all cables are ok) > 2 surface books with realtek 2.5 GBPS adapters wired with cat 7a both attached to the decos > 2 nvidia shields with cat 7a also attached to the decos all 4 devices randomly switch the port from 1000 Mbps to 100 Mbps, cable has been checked with a fluke device that was lend and all cables are ok, even tried with cat 6 at the endpoints and same results.

Options
2021-10-19 12:18:26

@screegie 

Hi, thank you very much for the detailed information.

Sorry for the delay.

I would like to follow up on your case by email and may I know how often did this issue repeat?

Options
2021-10-19 16:00:32

@TP-Link Hi as I told it is random for example yesterday in one of the surface books I had to power off the deco since it seemed that the lan port was unavailable, sometimes they do that sometimes they simply downgrade the port speed

Regards

Options
2021-10-20 06:12:25

@screegie 

Thank you for getting back to me.

The case has been forwarded to the senior engineers and please check the email for more updates.

Since the issue started quite randomly, please feel free to update the email once the issue started again before you reboot the Deco again.

Thank you again.

Options
2021-12-25 10:49:18

@TP-Link 

I also have issue of Lan when using x60 mesh routers. My all routers connected to single tp link switch and they are located in different places and floor. Few days ago firmware upgraded to 1.5.1 and after that my Lan connectivity stopped working. 1st 1 of satellite deco was show red blinking light. I tried to delete and add that again but no luck. Then I made satellite deco wireless only and unplugged Lan cables. I use to get full speed with Lan on old firmware on all decos but now getting 1/3 on satellite deco. Do anyone know Lan issue with new firmware. Even if we plug in Lan, it still continue to use wifi for satellite deco connection. It is insane that it ignores Lan connectivity.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1168

Replies: 9