Tether app shows extra device I don’t have - how to remove?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-05 21:20:13 - last edited 2021-09-05 21:21:52
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I picked up a RE650 range extender today to link with my AX50 router. Something went wrong during the setup and I had to reset the extender and start over.

Everything is working fine now but I notice that Tether thinks I have an additional range extender in my network ( a TL-WA850RE). Bizarrely, I can even log into it - even though it doesn't exist! I'm not sure if when things went wrong during the initial setup Tether thought I was trying to set up this device??

How can I remove this device from the list?

I've tried deleting the app and starting over but it still appears. Annoying as hell.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tether app shows extra device I don’t have - how to remove?
2021-09-07 09:04:21

@tintin_uk 

Does this additional WA850RE also show up in the AX50 client list? 

How is the AX50 connected to the network, is it connected to the network from an ISP modem, or it connects directly to the cable that comes from the wall? If there is no other WA850RE in your network, I guess it belongs to others but it is in the same sub-network of yours, that's why it shows up.

Options
2021-09-07 09:49:43

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for replying.

Initially, the WA850RE did appear amongst the list of wireless clients for the AX50 in the web UI. After resetting and starting over it no longer appears other than in the list of devices in the app. (The RE650 does appear in the list of clients).

My setup:

ISP CABLE ROUTER (SET TO MODEM MODE ONLY) > ethernet cable > TP-LINK AX50. It is not a shared house/network.

TT.

Options
2021-09-07 09:55:31

@tintin_uk 

That is weird. We would like to escalate the case to the support engineers, they will likely figure it out.

Options
2021-09-07 09:57:20
Thanks. Quick correction: It IS still appearing in the list of clients. Has a different MAC address and IP to the RE650.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5147

Replies: 4