Do I have To Reset Router When Changing From ADSL To Fibre

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-08 13:24:52
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I am upgrading my broadband connection from ADSL to fibre in the coming weeks.

Will I have to reset the router and set up every device on my network again OR is there a way to input the new connection details?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Do I have To Reset Router When Changing From ADSL To Fibre
2021-09-08 14:30:43

Hello @Kaizerbo,

Your device is capable of handling ADSL (standard broadband) & VDSL (fibre).

What is changing, is the methodology delivering the connection into your property. So, there may be physical cabling changes into the back of the device and/or the 'Internet' section (under basic) will need to be changed to configure the device correctly for connection. When configuring this section, pay attention to the 'VLAN ID' (sometimes referred to as VLAN TAG). If this isn't set correctly, it will prevent the connection from taking place.

The way your internal network is configured doesn't need to change. Your router will be assigned a public facing IP, which is then translated to enable your internal network to function as you have configured it.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Mike

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 562

Replies: 1

Related Articles