AC 4000 and VR 300 disconnection from NBN, need to do release renew dynamic ip to get internet back

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AC 4000 and VR 300 disconnection from NBN, need to do release renew dynamic ip to get internet back

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-09 23:46:05
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hello,

i am with Optus NBN FTTN. I recently switched from their box (perfectly functionning for 1 year +, no disconnect) to a setup with a VR 300 as a modem only (set up as bridge) and a AC 4000 as the full router connecting with dynamic IP.

I have every couple of days disconnects. When it disconnects, the AC 4000, instead of getting a new external IP from optus, actually only get an internal ip from the first modem. I need to release and renew multiple times to get internet back. And if i don't do anything, internet will stay out.

After a couple of release/renew, i finally get an external IP adress

This is not a usable set up.

Things i've tried :

1. use the DNS 8.8.8.8 in Advanced > Internet > IPV4 > advanced

2.  Disable all trendmicro features

3. Update firmware

4 . Restart

I'm out of ideas to be honest

Options
1 Reply
Re:AC 4000 and VR 300 disconnection from NBN, need to do release renew dynamic ip to get internet back
2021-09-10 06:32:11

@ArnaudAl 

Try the following to verify if the issue lies in the VR300 or in the C4000:

Login to the web interface page of the VR300, change it to modem router mode and build up a connection as you did before with the previous NBN box, monitor the internet connectivity. BTW, who is your ISP?

If the VR300 is pretty stable when it is working as a modem router, you can try to connect the C4000 to the VR300, and configure it as an access point as follows:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Cg_gGECGLiY

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 260

Replies: 1

Related Articles