Where is VPN server settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-11 14:12:19 - last edited 2021-09-15 02:04:32

I have recently been given a TP-link Archer D2 (AC750 EU version). 

I need the VPN server and a quick googling shows me tons of results for the TP-Link VPN menu, however, the icon does not exist on my device. Is there any way to activate this module?

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1237/

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Where is VPN server settings-Solution
2021-09-12 21:39:35 - last edited 2021-09-15 02:04:32

@TPVPN 

TP-link Archer D2 doesn't support OpenVPN. This feature depends on a FW implementation - the last FW release is from the beginning of 2016 (EOL).

The guide you posted is targeted to a particular TP-Link devices:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Where is VPN server settings-Solution
2021-09-12 21:39:35 - last edited 2021-09-15 02:04:32

@TPVPN 

TP-link Archer D2 doesn't support OpenVPN. This feature depends on a FW implementation - the last FW release is from the beginning of 2016 (EOL).

The guide you posted is targeted to a particular TP-Link devices:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Where is VPN server settings
2021-09-13 08:50:52

thanks @terziyski 

this looks very weird. Implementing OpenVPN is as easy as copying some files and configs from another device to this one. It really does not make sense that an old Asus router has OpenVPN built-in but this TP-link router does not. Is there any barden that TP-link refused to put this option in?

Options
2021-09-13 09:45:31

@TPVPN 

I really wouldn't know that, but I suppose it could be for a several reasons - device is End-Of-Life already, maybe a HW limitations, etc.

Options
2021-09-13 18:08:04

@TPVPN Thanks

It is still an open question to me but as you pointed out the device is at its EOL so no future developemen

anyways, thanks 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 556

Replies: 4

Related Articles