Poor Signal Strength Deco X20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-12 20:06:36
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 build 20210204 Rel. 50738

I have tested my internet speed and am getting the speeds designated by my internet company, but my cellphone is only showing 1-2 bars... even when I am directly in front of one of the nodes. What can I do to fix this? I am constantly optimizing, but it does not resolve or improve the situation.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Poor Signal Strength Deco X20
2021-09-14 07:21:00

@RobynRAZ 

Hi, each unit would broadcast its own wireless network. Have you tested each unit via smartphone by standing next to the unit?

--if yes, would all units have the same issue or just one Deco node?

And there is another way to test the wireless signal:

1. Put one satellite Deco node at the same place as the smartphone and check the signal source on the satellite unit:

Options
2021-09-26 07:49:35

@RobynRAZ 

I'm having the same issue after they did a firmware update.

They should really look into this.

Options
2021-09-26 22:24:36

@TP-Link 

I have (2) nodes and yes each one has the same issue. It happens when I am directly in front of each node. It is frustrating.

Options
2022-02-08 22:29:55

RobynRAZ wrote

I have tested my internet speed and am getting the speeds designated by my internet company, but my cellphone is only showing 1-2 bars... even when I am directly in front of one of the nodes. What can I do to fix this? I am constantly optimizing, but it does not resolve or improve the situation.

@RobynRAZ   I just replaced my Google Mesh Wi-Fi because the individual routers are failing with the Deco X20 three pack. I am vary disappointed with the coverage as three X20 provid poorer coverage compaired to the old Google pucks.  My wired destop PC speeds are the same, but there is a very noticeable drop with my cellphone and with smart switches/outlets due to the drop in signal.  I had r eally hoped the hype was reality but unless someone can come up with a magic fix trhey are going back to amazon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1723

Replies: 4

Related Articles