Cant access company VPN with the tp-link AX73

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-13 09:46:10
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I recently bought the tp-link AX73 but since then i cant use the required VPN for my company.

I live in japan and the internet connection type is V6 plus.

i tried to change the connection type to something else but then i lose internet connection.

With my old router everything worked fine, but since i switched to tp-link i cant log into the VPN anymore. this is a serious issue since i cant work from home with this router.

is there ant way to fix this issue?

please help

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cant access company VPN with the tp-link AX73
2021-09-14 06:46:38

@david1088 

So that means the internet connection is working fine on the AX73, but you cannot connect to the office VPN, right?

What kind of VPN you are connecting to? How do you connect to it, any software?

Is there an IPv6 connection built up successfully on the AX73 when choosing V6 Plus? What if you disable the IPv6 on the router? Will you be able to connect to the VPN?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-14 06:51:41

@Kevin_Z 

yes, the internet connection is fine, its only the VPN i cant access.

the VPN my company is using is FortiClient, i have to sign in with my company log in data.

some research online did not give me an answer why it is not working. Unfortunately, i am not the biggest router professional in the world so its rather difficult for me to understand everything.

how do i disable IPv6? I did paste my IP adress into my browser and loged into my router, but i dont see any option to change anything.

Options
2021-09-14 08:24:16

@david1088 

Once login to the router web, go to Advanced, you will find the IPv6 menu, try to disable it, then reboot the AX73 to check if you can connect to the VPN.

Additionally, please confirm the PPTP/L2TP/IPSec Passthrough under Security > ALG are all enabled.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 684

Replies: 3

Related Articles