Archer C6 AC1200 Wireless MU-MIMO orange light issue+ no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-14 05:15:01 - last edited 2021-09-14 06:32:57
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am using the Archer C6 as Access Point . It was working fine for two days .

Since yesterday my device goes to sleep , and Internet light turns Orange , when no device is attached with it on wifi.

Upon restarting the device , Internet start working again and Internet light turns green.

I have updated the firmware, but issue persist. 

1) Please Guide , what is causing the issue and how to resolve this issue ? 

Regards

Irfan

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 AC1200 Wireless MU-MIMO orange light issue+ no internet
2021-09-15 02:12:23

@Irfanda 

Do you mean the internet LED on the Archer C6 will turn orange when the devices connected to it go to sleep? What if the devices wake up, will the internet become available on the C6 automatically?

Who is your ISP, and what's the model of the ISP modem/router? Is the C6 connected to the ISP modem/router via WAN port? 

What is the current firmware version of the C6?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-15 06:22:33 - last edited 2021-09-15 18:04:20

Kevin_Z wrote

@Irfanda 

Do you mean the internet LED on the Archer C6 will turn orange when the devices connected to it go to sleep? What if the devices wake up, will the internet become available on the C6 automatically?

Who is your ISP, and what's the model of the ISP modem/router? Is the C6 connected to the ISP modem/router via WAN port? 

What is the current firmware version of the C6?

@Kevin_Z 

I have connected the Archer C6 via WAN Cable ( Located on First Floor) to my ISP Provided Router ( Located on the ground floor). The ISP-provided router never goes to sleep and always remains active. 

1) The issue is with the Archer C6. When no user ( mobile, laptop) is using Archer C6 WIFI, after few minutes, the internet light on the Archer C6 turns orange. Once turns orange, even if i am connected again with my mobile with the Archer C6. The Internet light on the Archer C6 remains orange . 

If I restart the Archer C6 , the internet light will turn green, and the internet is functional as well. 

2) I have checked the Lan Cable running from ISP Provided Router ( Huawei EchoLife EG8247H5 GPON) to the Archer C6, by connecting it to my laptop. Internet is working. My ISP technician also checked the configuration and as per them, no conflict is from their side. No Configuration is required.

3) Firmware version is 1.0.10 Build 20210513 rel.63256(5553). Hardware version is 3.2

4) See Attached logs , as Internet Light was turning Green/Orange.

Options
2021-09-16 06:49:58

@Irfanda 

That is interesting. What if you change it to Router mode, will it connect properly to the modem and internet when there are no devices (phones, laptops) connecting to it?

BTW, is there a reason that you require this C6 to work in access point mode? If that is necessary, please try to switch it to AP mode manually as follows, then check if the connection will be stable:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/ (Case 2)

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1580

Replies: 3

Related Articles