Archer C6 2.4 GHz not working properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-14 22:48:06 - last edited 2021-09-14 22:57:38
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20201030 rel.60104(4555)

Hello,

I am using both 2.4 GHz (for older phones and a few smart things) and 5 GHz.

Since I "separated" them, I got this problem 1-2 times a week when my 2.4 GHz network just stops working. I can see it on my phone, on all devices, yet none of them is able to connect to it. 

I am currently using the beta firmware because in an other thread one of the support (if I am right) guys recommended this. It does not work. 
I have the same problem every single week. 

Will it be fixed or I should search for an other router? It is not usable this way. 

Thank you in advance. 

Edit: Sadly I see a lot of other threads complaining about 2.4 GHz and not only on C6. Every "solution" is the beta firmware which does not work either. 
Maybe the solution is to leave tp-link and buy an other brand. Disappointing. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 2.4 GHz not working properly
2021-09-15 03:05:05

@JekaGrey 

After installing the beta firmware on the Archer C6, have you tried to disable Onemesh as suggested in the thread below:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/271574

If disabling Onemesh on the router still doesn't help, please provide some more details, and we will try to suggest further:

1. How many devices are connected to the 2.4G network, are all experiencing the same drop-outs at the same time?

2. How did you recover the connection, rebooting the C6? Try to modify the 2.4G wireless settings, such as channel, channel width, and wireless security to WPA2-PSK AES, then reboot the router and monitor.

3. How about wired connect and the 5G network, are they stable?

Options
2021-09-15 04:19:21 - last edited 2021-09-15 15:43:32

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

OneMesh is not used so it is disabled. 

1, 2 smart switches, 1 wireless stick for a pc and 2 phones. They experience the problem at the same time, none of them can connect. When I check the 2.4 GHz on pc and on the phones I can see it, but the devices can't connect. My smart switches are offline as soon as the problem occurs. 

2, The easiest solution to recover the 2.4 GHz is to go to Wireless settings, switch off 2.4 GHz, save and then turn it back on. 
It solves the issue, but not for long. 

I will try to adjust the settings after I get home but I saw that it did not work for others. 

3, Wired connection is stable and 5 GHz has no problem at all. 

Thank you for the suggestions, I will edit this post when I tried it. 

EDIT: My 2.4 GHz uses WPA2-PSK AES, channel width and channel is set to auto.

With a network analyzer I see no hidden networks that could interrupt the channel etc.

I think I will just wait for the new firmware release maybe it will solve the problem.

Options
2021-09-16 07:00:46

@JekaGrey 

You can also set up a Wireless Schedule or Reboot Schedule to turn off the Wi-Fi or router at some time when there is no use of the network:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202005/20200514/1910012695_Archer%20A6C62.0_UG.pdf

Note: Wireless Schedule Configuration Guide can be found on Page 70 and Reboot Schedule is on Page 79-80.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 834

Replies: 3

Related Articles