Complete beginner in setting up Mifi and data sim

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-17 21:39:10
Model: M7350  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I'm afraid I know absolutely nothing about setting up this device aside from getting it out of the box and putting the sim and battery inside! 

Can anyone explain how I get the data onto the pay-as-you-go sim when the sim is in the device and I'm using my phone?! 

I got as far as registering on the network app but it keeps telling me it has sent a passcode by text...but the sim is in the mifi router so how am I supposed to read it?

I'm clearly doing something wrong but don't have the technical knowhow to work it out.

Any step my step dummy instructions will be appreciated !!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Complete beginner in setting up Mifi and data sim
2021-09-18 10:20:31 - last edited 2021-09-18 10:22:39

@HeatherM5 

Hi,

Firstly, did you get the text message when you tried to register the TP-LINK ID?

--if yes, it might be an activation message to your email address.

--if not during the registration and you have logged into the Mi-Fi APP already, There is an SMS section on the APP:

How to send SMS by tpMiFi?

For the setup, most of the time, the Mi-Fi is plug and play, mentioned on the QIG:

https://static.tp-link.com/manual/2021/202106/20210610/7106509244_M7350(EU)_QIG_V1.pdf

Options
Re:Complete beginner in setting up Mifi and data sim
2021-09-18 14:39:07

@TP-Link 

Thank you so much. That helped a lot. I didn't realise there was an sms section on the app! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 567

Replies: 2