Maxium numer od devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Maxium numer od devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Maxium numer od devices
Maxium numer od devices
2021-09-19 04:14:36 - last edited 2023-07-13 03:31:14

What is the maximum number of devices (wifi routers) I can monitor in the tether app please, I have a quantity of strata titled homes we manage.  

Tks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Maxium numer od devices-Solution
2021-09-27 02:32:46 - last edited 2023-07-13 03:31:14

@inmare 

Hi, we confirmed this concern with our Cloud team and Tether APP team that there is no limitation for the device numbers to be added to the TP-Link could via the Tether app, which means there is no issue adding 72 routers to the same account.

However, I honestly and personally can't say with 100% certainty that you can enjoy the management of all the 72 routers because as far as I know there is no easy way to sort out the routers/devices linked to the Tether account from the device list, you cannot put them in numerical order or search a specific device.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Maxium numer od devices
2021-09-23 09:35:58 - last edited 2023-07-13 03:31:14

@inmare 

What do you mean by "monitor devices in the tether app" Try to explain in detail, we will confirm.

If you are asking how many devices at most that you can connect to the Wi-Fi router, read this article and it will tell you the answer: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/201748​​​​​​.

Options
2021-09-23 11:07:04 - last edited 2023-07-13 03:31:14

@Kevin_Z 

Sorry. I should have explained it better. We have an apartment block with 72 apartment, each with one cat 5 broadband point from a central internet connection. We are looking at using wifi routers in each apartment, if feasible, and manage - monitor these routers, as or if required, with the Tether app. I was unsure how many routers  the tether app would support.

Options
Re:Maxium numer od devices-Solution
2021-09-27 02:32:46 - last edited 2023-07-13 03:31:14

@inmare 

Hi, we confirmed this concern with our Cloud team and Tether APP team that there is no limitation for the device numbers to be added to the TP-Link could via the Tether app, which means there is no issue adding 72 routers to the same account.

However, I honestly and personally can't say with 100% certainty that you can enjoy the management of all the 72 routers because as far as I know there is no easy way to sort out the routers/devices linked to the Tether account from the device list, you cannot put them in numerical order or search a specific device.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-09-27 07:22:59 - last edited 2023-07-13 03:31:14

@Kevin_Z  Yes, I know exactly what you mean, its not ideal, a web base version ot Tether is needed. I could use access points, but a/ I don't have POE on the switches, b/ I need desktop units, as apartments are privately owned, and we do not want to mount or ceiling. c/ Its almost impossible to schedule or coordinate an install of access points due to the fact they are in constant occupancy holiday let, where as the router, cleaning can place on the desk, and plug it in.  d/ Client segregation. f/ I need Mesh in larger apartments, and again, not possible to install cabling, has to be WiFi mesh .g/ some form of login security. Its a dilemma.All suggestions welcome.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 551

Replies: 4