cell id

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

cell id

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:cell id
2023-01-20 11:01:54

@Fabieuz 

Hi, yes please to cell ID and locking

Options
2023-01-28 21:03:11 - last edited 2023-01-28 21:09:57

@TP-Link Hi Dear, having this feature will for sure increase the possibility to help people to classify it as the one of the best router 3g/4g as ever. Is there any firmware as beta test that will allow to show the Cell IDs to which it is connecting to? However there many pros that it can acquire compared to other competitors, unfortunately since it doesn't have this feature it is very penalized and most of users are redirected to other products. Updating it will for sure erode the market share positively..this is the perfect opportunity to have it released - at least as beta test!!!!

Product owned: TP-LINK Archer MR600(EU) V3.0

Options
2023-03-05 14:37:31 - last edited 2023-03-05 15:02:46

@TP-Link 
Hi, well that is not good to read. After some research I was in the middle of placing an order for a MR600.

The thing is, I am living in an area with up to 3 cell-towers. One of them is problematic due to its distance and some mountains in between. The other thing is, my router ...for what ever reason....likes this tower the most.

So I went looking for an affordable LTE ROUTER capable of doing some kind of BAND-LOCKING or maybe even CELL-LOCKING. YES, not everybody will face that kind of problem, but i don't think that such a scenario is uncommon. You can find multiple tower locations  and mountains are everywhere 2.

Router used at the moment is a 3year old, 70 Euro baseline TCL hh40 4g router, ounce provided by my ISP.

This router does not come with any band/cell locking features.

But!! Its web-ui delivers all kinds of network related data, like cell-id, like quality of reception rssi, rsrp, sinr. etc.

So what is the issue at tp-link no being able to provide this kind of data in a newer and higher SPECed device?

Is it more a kind of software thing or has it more something to do with chipset-limitations? TCL is using Qualcomm chipsets in its routers e.g.

Oh, one last but important thing. E.g. when I open a ticket at my ISPs servicedesk, one of the mandatory data asked, are cell-id and db values, so they can pinpoint reception issues. That means no cell-id no ticket.

While writing this quite long text, sorry for it, read some quite old threads, asking for the same.

So if TP-Link is not technically able or willing for what ever reason, to display cell-id and some other data for there router, I will have to move on and consider other brands.

The pity is, in my country I would have to go the fritz-box route, meaning spending nearly twice the amount of money compared  to TP-LINK. They are able to display cell-id in hex, db data and provide band locking as well.

Asking TP-LINK ....what is holding you back? Would like to buy TP-Link smiley

Thanks for reading

Options
2023-03-17 00:47:28

@TP-Link 

this is good.

any update please/?

Options
2023-06-29 21:27:51

@TP-Link 

Yes, please add this feature

Options
2023-07-25 09:30:39

@dinosgb 

Yes please implement the cell id informations (mnc, tac, ...) on the next FW version

Options
2023-07-31 22:04:17

@TP-Link 

Same problem for me. At least I need to view tower/cell-ID. Better, if possibility to lock. Since 2 Weeks I'm trying to get a good, stable and fast LTE connection. For testing, and with hope, just changed from AVM 6850 to TPLink MR600 (-> now a little less signal performance data, but this is what I could have lived with, because I got a good price).

But I'm very disappointed cause I'm not able to see to which tower the router is connected. I have three towers with, two of them with problems, in range, so I need it.

For that, I will return the TPLink to the supplier and use the AVM 6850 LTE furthermore.

ItsMe99

Options
2023-08-24 12:01:09

hi @TP-Link,

any news on this topic?

Options
2023-10-31 10:49:23

@dinosgb I'd like to see tower cellid. It is required to turn external antennas to correct tower.

Options
Related Articles