VMWare port forwarding (can't add IP device)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-21 10:01:52 - last edited 2021-09-22 16:50:45
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289

Hi there,

I wanted to put a web server on a bridged interface using VMWare and expose a port to the outside. I can manually see that the server is on the network, I can access it from any device, but unfortunately I cannot add the server address in the deco software because of an error that says to add the address of a device that is in the network.

Any solution?

I would recommend a fix to the deco mobile application so that it accepts all addresses from a given lan network, for example if the network is located at 192.168.68.x it should also accept everything from this address pool.

Options
3 Reply
Re:VMWare port forwarding (can't add IP device)
2021-09-22 11:46:21

@Heheszek 

Hi, was your issue like this and if yes, you could try the suggestion on this link:

IP & MAC adress of my VM is not viewable in DECO app

Options
2021-09-22 16:49:26 - last edited 2021-09-22 16:50:45

@TP-Link with all due respect, but this solution is just a workaround and is quite annoying. tbh it is easier to remove one "if" from the app and release the f.e update next month than to have customers mess around looking for a workarounds. Many people are having this problem and if you have any respect for your customers, you should not recommend workarounds and fix the problem.

Options
2021-09-23 03:48:41

@Heheszek 

Hi, you are right and it is not a final solution.

The feature requests to allow manually adding the IP and MAC address for address reservation and port forwarding have been accepted but the ETA is not clear yet.

While waiting for the final release of the firmware, it is suggested that you could try the workaround suggestions.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 388

Replies: 3