TD-W8970 web interface doesn't always display fully and very slow to start with

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-14 00:46:32
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 0.11 v000c.0 Build 121203 Rel.46289n

ISP :

Generally the web interface is a joy to use being quick and responsive.

However, when I initially connect to the router, either on the LAN or remotely via the internet, the router takes a long time to display the initial page (up to 1 minute) and then usually displays the page without any variable data included. Frequently it also fails to show the menu on the left either. By hitting Refresh several times, eventually it will load the page fully.

This occurs with the latest firmware as well; I have several of these routers deployed currently.

Will there be a fix for this?

Thanks.
Options
4 Reply
Re:TD-W8970 web interface doesn't always display fully and very slow to start with
2013-03-14 09:32:43
Try with a different browser which may be helpful. Does it happen to all your computers?
Options
Re:TD-W8970 web interface doesn't always display fully and very slow to start with
2013-03-14 18:05:54
Ah, usually I check with other browsers, but this time I didn't. It is fine with Internet Explorer and Chrome, but it has the problem with Firefox which is my default browser.

Good tip, although it should work with any browser.

Thanks.
Options
I just ran into the same thing with FireFox
2015-01-30 02:25:28
There is a FireFox add on that will let you render web pages in EI right in a FireFox tab.
EiTab 2 or eiTab plus (if memory serves)
Options
I just ran into the same thing with FireFox
2015-01-30 02:27:36

trickyricky wrote

Ah, usually I check with other browsers, but this time I didn't. It is fine with Internet Explorer and Chrome, but it has the problem with Firefox which is my default browser.

Good tip, although it should work with any browser.

Thanks.

There is a FireFox add on that will let you render web pages in EI right in a FireFox tab.
EiTab 2 or eiTab plus (if memory serves)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 591

Replies: 4

Related Articles