Brian

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Brian

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Brian
Brian
2013-03-16 08:47:51
Region : Australia

Model : TD-VG3631

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 1.0 v0001.0 Build 130108 Rel.54595n

ISP : Exetel

Just upgraded to VG-3631 and it's interesting to compare with my previous VoIP modem Netcomm NB9WMaxx from 2008.

One difference is that the dial tone on VoIP with the VG-3631 is much harder to distinguish from the PSTN dial tone than it was with the Netcomm modem where it used a non-continuous tone on VoIP which was still easily distinguishable from a busy dial tone. It's handy to be able to pick up the phone and know whether there is some problem with the VoIP before making a call. Is there a way to change dial tone on VoIP?

A minor issue is that I can't see a way to turn on daylight savings in the time settings so when it gets the time from NTP servers it allows for daylight saving if active. My time zone is Eastern Australia GMT +10 but in summer it is GMT+11. As a workaround, I have changed my time zone to GMT+11.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Brian
2013-03-23 17:08:45
have no idea. why not contact the tp-link guys for help?
Options
2013-03-27 22:52:48
My DSL 8970 seems to have no option for daylight savings time as well. Among other issues.
Options
2013-04-09 16:35:20
hi erichalfb,
when you used the Netcomm modem, the dial tone of VOIP and PSTN are different???
i think it's a good feature,, also the daylight function,, tplink should consider to support these good features,
another, i checked 3631 user guide, the dial plan function can achieve similar requirement.
for example, you can assign a prefix '9' to one voip account, then if you want to use this account to make a call, you can dial out "9 and phone number",,
also, you can assign a prefix to PSTN,, it will be more easy..hope it can help you! :D
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 461

Replies: 3

Related Articles