TD-W8970 freezing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W8970 freezing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
55 Reply
HBSNbZ
2013-10-18 18:33:24
Same problem, same random internet freeze.
This is the log (with years, monthsm days wrong) after the last freeze (5 minutes ago!)

Options
Re:TD-W8970 freezing
2013-10-21 00:56:03
I would suggest, the TP-LINK, the implementation of a feature in other devices router: watchdog
In broadest outline, if two / three pings on an address determined by the administrator, do not provide a good outcome, then reboot the router.
For the problem, well known and widespread of the w-8970 v1 might be a decent solution.
I would have wanted to also suggest in forum TP-LINK ITALY, but it is poorly u context with not-professional moderators lazy and presumptuous, with one goal in mind: to shift the focus from defects, real or imagined, of TP -LINK any other cause (ISP, cable, wall, users' PCs, wireless cards, transmission channels, etc.). Pity.
Options
Same problem
2013-11-12 22:56:35

Lucian47 wrote

I have the same problem, with the same router.
I'm using it with a 3g modem and sometimes it randomly freezes and I have to reboot it manually since the control panel is unreachable.

I am having the exact same use model (with 3g modem) and facing the same issue (randomly freezes). I hope there is a fix for this.
Options
2013-11-19 15:34:44
Did you use the latest firmware of TD-W8970_V1_130828? If not, you can try to upgrade the firmware.

dan1el wrote

I am having the exact same use model (with 3g modem) and facing the same issue (randomly freezes). I hope there is a fix for this.
Options
2013-11-20 04:42:07
hi, is there any solution for the problem yet? or a workaround?
Options
2014-01-27 05:15:43
Hi, mine freezes all the time also, I don't use any of the features on it except internet, DHCP server and the WiFi.

When it does freeze I still have connection to all other computers on the network including my NAS which is connected through ethernet, but I can watch media files from it on all other devices.
It just doesn't have internet connection.
The main problem is I can't even log into the router to reboot it, I have to physically use the power button on the back to turn it off and back on, then it logs on quicker than I can type the ip address (almost...lol)

I will get some heatsinks and try heatsink option that saleen1451 posted, but I turned away from buying another tp-link wireless modem for my mother incase it has the same issue, people want reliability, unbox turn on and set it up and never have to return to it again.....
Options
2014-06-12 01:01:05
Hi
I had a similar problem... my router froze when the downloaded data had exceeded 700mb aprox... I contacted support from tplink and they gave me a solution that fixed my case:
1.- write down max rate for upload and download on the status option
2.- select the option "Bandwidth Control", and check "enable Bandwidth Control", filling upstream and downstream bandwidth with the info from 1.-

hope it helps!
Options
I have the same problem
2014-06-14 15:29:20
Once or twice a week the router freeze. Difficult to say when and what kind of activity before the freeze.
In the past was working perfectly, then started to freeze, not related to a firmware upgrade. May be afterI enabled IPv6?

One more thing:
Last week I've installed a new version of firmware that is not anymore available
Firmware Version:0.6.0 2.11 v000c.0 Build 140508 Rel.56501n
Hardware Version:TD-W8970 v1 00000000

Whats happened?
Options
2014-06-16 22:40:25
I recently bought this model w8970, have a lot of features to control my network the way I want.
But is really annoying that the router freeze random, I use a custon NAS4FREE (with transsmission torrent P2P, Pyload), have a network of 3 PC (including the NAS) via Lan cable, 2 tvbox via WiFi and 8 smart phones conected to WiFi.
It freeze any time, I notice that all computeres still have conections to each other, but can't transffer big files over the lan or wlan, also even switching off the wifi from the back of router I can't deactive the wi-fi. And ther is no way to loging to WebUI. = The only solution is Power off the router form back switch.

I blocked Youtube service, and the heavy traffics only comes from NAS4FREE. And I'm not sure why the router freeze.
My last modem was Zyxel, and I have none of this isues before.

If I open my w8970 to put heatskins I losse the waranty. But reading this post I notice that not all the problem comes from heat, it is really a firmware problem.

Please support from tplink FIX THIS BIG ISSUE!!!!!!

Best regards.
(sorry for my bad english)
Options
2014-06-17 21:37:17

lp2012 wrote

Once or twice a week the router freeze. Difficult to say when and what kind of activity before the freeze.
In the past was working perfectly, then started to freeze, not related to a firmware upgrade. May be afterI enabled IPv6?

One more thing:
Last week I've installed a new version of firmware that is not anymore available
Firmware Version:0.6.0 2.11 v000c.0 Build 140508 Rel.56501n
Hardware Version:TD-W8970 v1 00000000

Whats happened?

Yeap, chialberto that's right,
If you put the manual adress:
http://www.tp-link.com/resources/software/TD-W8970_V1_140508.zip

You can dowload this firmware, but I'm afraid that is a BAD firmware.

I can read from GOOGLE CACHE:

Modificaciones y Arreglos de Errores de Programación
[CODE]
* Fix the bug that LAN devices in the same group can't communicate with each other if we set Deny in Firewall.
* Fix the bug that when there are a lot of files or folders in USB storage device, the web management interface will response very slowly or even crash if we add this folder in sharing path.
* Fix the issue that we can't use PPPoE to dial up successfully in Surabaya of Indonesia.
* Fix the bug that TD-W8970 can't dial up automatically after a reboot in Kazakhstan, Poland and Syria.
* Fix the bug that it won't show ipAdEntAddr node in SNMP when WAN IP < 127.x.x.x.
* Fix the bug DDNS function will stop after some time if we use EWAN mode.
* Fix other known problems and bugs.[/CODE]

This firmware wil solve the freezing issues ???

Best regards.
Options
Related Articles