Time Capsule issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Time Capsule issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Time Capsule issues
Time Capsule issues
2013-03-30 20:14:58
Region : Kazakstan

Model : TD-W8961ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I had many issues trying to use this router together with Apple airplay. It sometimes worked and sometimes didn't even thought the wireless connection to the internet is pretty reliable. I needed a back up disc anyway and decided to buy an Apple Time Capsule in the hope of using that to create a new wireless network that would be more stable for Airplay.

First question:
Is there any way to disable the router function in the TD-W8961ND so that it operates as a modem only?

Second question:
If this is not possible then I would set the Time Capsule in bridge mode and connect through the new wireless network created by the Time Capsule and let the TD-W8961ND handle the ip assignments. I have tried this already but when I try to connect devices to this network no ip address is assigned unless I restart the TD-W8961ND each time. Is there a setting on the TD-W8961ND I shold change to allow it to issue ip address through the bridged Time Capsule?

Many thanks for reading.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Time Capsule issues
2013-04-03 16:36:48
you may try reset the tplink to factory default, then it;s working in bridge mode, then you can configure the apple one as the general wireless router and put in your PPPoE account. the premise is that your ISP provides PPPoE connection type.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 1