Can't register my TPG VoIP account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-31 05:02:26
Region : Australia

Model : TD-VG3631

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 1.0 v0001.0 Build 130108 Rel.54595n

ISP : TPG

Hello, Everyone,

RE: Voice SIP Account Phone Number Not Accepting 2 Characters

My ISP TPG VoIP SIP account phone number is my TPG username rather than an actual normal telephone number.

When I enter my 2 characters TPG username 'xx' as my TPG VoIP SIP account phone number as the 'Phone Number' field in the 'Voice - SIP Account' modem router management page on the LAN IP 192.168.1.1, then I press the 'Save' button, I encounter the error message " The length of 'Phone Number' is out of range[3,32]."

I believe this error is due to my TPG SIP account Phone Number’ is not within the TD-VG3631 ‘Phone Number’ character length range from 3 to 32 inclusive.

My old modem can register to my TPG VoIP account successfully with my TPG username 'xx' as the VoIP SIP account phone number.

I have contacted my ISP TPG and tried to get an actual VoIP SIP phone number. However, TPG does not provide an actual VoIP SIP phone number to their customers. TPG states I should use my TPG username as my VoIP SIP account phone number. They ask me to contact TP-Link to resolve the aforementioned error.

Is there a way I can enter only 2 character TPG username as my VoIP SIP account phone number in the browser management page of the modem router? i.e. workaround, request TP-Link for a new firmware fix or else?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Options
12 Reply
Re:Can't register my TPG VoIP account
2013-04-01 15:53:09
maybe a limitation...
but i have a little confused,, the phone number is used for VOIP call. when other people want to call you ,,they just need to press down "xx" , then a call will come to your telephone??
only two numbers(or characters)?
if so, i think it's quite different from other VSP,,, such as Pennytel.
also if there is a limitation indeed, tp-link should remove it soon..
Options
2013-04-01 16:23:30
When other people call me, they dial my Telstra PSTN phone number. Thus, all my incoming calls are PSTN while my outgoing calls are normally routed thru the TPG VoIP if my VoIP account is registered successfully. Yes, it's a limitation on this modem router. TP-Link should have a VoIP SIP account phone number range of 1 to 32 instead of 3 to 32. I may contact TP-Link technical support tomorrow to request the removal of this limitation in the next firmware version.
Options
2013-04-02 13:16:49
To the TP-Link Technical Support Engineer Team: please release a new firmware version to change the limitation in the Voice SIP account 'Phone Number' field range from 3 - 32 to 1 - 32, thanks.
Options
2013-04-11 13:38:17
hi Whatis,
whether you have sent a request to TP-LINK support? i think maybe they have had a solution, but the new firmware need more time to be released.
can we ask them to give us a beta firmware?
Options
2013-04-11 17:42:13
hi all, TP-LINK has solved it ,, i have got a beta firmware from their support,, now my TPG account can register successfully!!;)
Options
2013-04-11 21:57:24
Thanks, Peter. TP-Link Technical Support Team sent a beta firmware to me. I can register to TPG SIP account successfully now. :)
Options
2013-04-17 16:57:45
hi Whatis,
Don't need the beta Now!!! they have released new firmware which removed this limitation.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TD-VG3631&version=V1#tbl_j
Release note:
IGMP Snooping is enabled by default.
Fix the problem that the default 8/35 bridge rule can't be added in the group.
Fix the problem that call-in-progress breaks off in EWAN mode.
Fix the problem that port 7547 can be accessed even though CWMP is disabled.
Fix the problem that the phone number can't be less than 2 characters
Options
2013-04-17 23:38:15
Hi, Peter, thanks for letting me know. I've just updated my TD-VG3631 with the latest firmware version:0.6.0 1.0 v0001.0 Build 130413 Rel.52459n. No more beta version! I really appreciate the TP-Link Technical Support Engineer Team for their great prompt effort.
Options
2013-04-18 13:22:49
Share Your very useful and intelligent individuals.
Ming Thank you much.
I'll read carefully easier to understand.
Chia se cua ban rat hay va huu ich voi ca nhan minh.
Minh cam on ban nhieu.
Minh se doc ky de hieu hon.
Tran trong
Options
status is UP but no VoIP call
2014-12-11 06:54:36
Hi Whatis,

How are you?

I bought a TD-VG3631 and set it up for TPG VoIP.
Everything worked except when calling with the VoIP phone, got a recorded message to say I do not have enough credits to place a call.

Followings were from TPG for config:
Interface Name: pppoe_8_35_1
SIP Transport Protocol: UDP Port: 5060
VoIP Service Provider: Others
SIP Registrar Address, SIP Outbound Proxy and SIP Proxy Server Address: aphone5.tpg.com.au
Ports: all on 5060
Phone Number, Caller Name, Username:
Password:

Put in the parameters and the modem Voice Status got "UP" but VoIP calls did not connect.

Any thing special to set up?

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2130

Replies: 12