MAC Spoofing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MAC Spoofing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
MAC Spoofing
MAC Spoofing
2013-03-31 13:30:47
Region : India

Model : TD-W8951ND

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello To All!
The product manual of TD-W8951ND V4 states that it's supports MAC spoofing. But in the product itself, it is nowhere to be found. I tried contacting the customer care via email but they are too lazy to respond. If they disabled this feature then why in the world they mentioned in the manual. I double checked the manual before buying this model. Now I stuck with it.

Anyone from TP-Link ????
Options
5 Reply
Re:MAC Spoofing
2013-04-03 16:58:35
have you checked internet page under interface setup??? possibly give us a screenshot of that page.
Options
2013-04-09 15:26:39

Adam Cox wrote

have you checked internet page under interface setup??? possibly give us a screenshot of that page.

@Adam
I double checked the interface page. Here is screenshot of interface. I'd really appreciate any help you can give me.

Options
2013-04-25 06:57:10
that wont be possible they have remove it since ver 2 i guess.
i bought v5 there is no mac spoofing also my isp requied to change mac addres so its lead me to dead ends and i cant use it anymore
Options
2013-04-29 19:46:39

lordfariq wrote

that wont be possible they have remove it since ver 2 i guess.
i bought v5 there is no mac spoofing also my isp requied to change mac addres so its lead me to dead ends and i cant use it anymore

If they removed it from V2, then why it's still mentioned in V4 product manual. Crappiest company ever. Complete waste of money.
Options
2013-06-19 16:13:37
i'm kind of interested in such ISP. Normally ISP won't have this MAC binding requirement on Modem. I heard that if on Router, MAC CLone may be needed(most are connected to a Cable Modem), but for ADSL Modem, It is seldomly needed.
Anyway, it is wrong that they show the MAC Spoofing available in the manual, while there is no such in real product.
Options