Td-w8970

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Td-w8970

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Td-w8970
Td-w8970
2013-03-31 18:24:52
Region : Spain

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 1.2 v000c.0 Build 130201 Rel.54921n

ISP : Movistar

Hi,

After a few days configuring it, I'm getting several issues with the TD-W8970:

1.- After a few hours, and using a PC with emule/bittorrent port forwarding, the router hangs up and I need to switch off and switch on the router in order to get it working again.

2.- And another thing is trying to configure a printer (Epson Stylus Photo R265) with the router printer port. The app shows the printer but I dont know how to use it with MS office.

Thanks.
Options
8 Reply
Re:Td-w8970
2013-04-01 15:43:16
1. what's the bandwidth which provided by your ISP? also what's download speed? maybe the hign speed downloading used up the resource of the modem ??? i can't sure
2. http://www.tp-link.com/common/compatible/print-server/ maybe you need to check this firstly.
Options
2013-04-02 01:06:48
1.- The bandwidth is 10Mb/768Kb (Dn/Ul). At least on P2P or torrent donesn't reach the max dl speed nor the ul speed, as I limited both.

2.- The printer isnt on it, so I guess I won't be able to use it. At least on the app I see the printer, but then I don't know how to use it to print.

Btw, thanks for your help.

peter wrote

1. what's the bandwidth which provided by your ISP? also what's download speed? maybe the hign speed downloading used up the resource of the modem ??? i can't sure
2. http://www.tp-link.com/common/compatible/print-server/ maybe you need to check this firstly.
Options
2013-07-30 08:54:54
I have the same router and the same problem since the day i bought the ruouter.
It hangs when using a bittorrent client (i.e. Vuze). I tested several times: 1 week without failures, but I start Vuze and the router crash within 1 minute.
Options
2013-08-03 21:06:16

Manoloovello wrote

I have the same router and the same problem since the day i bought the ruouter.
It hangs when using a bittorrent client (i.e. Vuze). I tested several times: 1 week without failures, but I start Vuze and the router crash within 1 minute.

So you also have a TD-W8970? In general, how many devices are connected to the router? What's the bandwidth provided by ISP? And what about download speed?
Maybe the memory of the machine is filled up when using a bittorrent client (i.e. Vuze)?
Options
2013-08-10 08:26:35

stella wrote

So you also have a TD-W8970? In general, how many devices are connected to the router? What's the bandwidth provided by ISP? And what about download speed?
Maybe the memory of the machine is filled up when using a bittorrent client (i.e. Vuze)?

Only 2 devices connected to the router, my computer and a Synology NAS, each connected with Cat5e cable at 1Gbps
The bandwith of my ISP is 10 Mbps / 820Kbps (This is Spain, the Third World in terms of networking...)
Download Speed is about 1 MB/s / 60 KB/s (Megabytes and Kilobytes, not Megabits or Kilobits)
I think the same as you. Maybe too much connections at the same time fills the memory/cpu of this router, wich seems inexplicable in a modern machine of this characteristics, even lots of old modem/routers performs better.

I have another post in another thread here, talking about the same, different OP but the same problem, maybe moderators can think about merge both: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?3102-TD-W8970-freezing

Edit: Just found something about the SPI Firewall of the router plus a lot of bittorrent connections that maybe it's overloading the router and causing it to crash. Going to test.
Options
2013-08-23 03:50:03
Update:

After testing with router´s SPI Firewall disabled the problem persists, but it can handle the bittorrent alone, without problem for several hours, but... when I start so surf the web, and download something via HTTP, and the bittorrent running, all at the same time, it automatically crash.
Options
2013-10-21 18:46:37
so, still no solution?
Options
2013-10-23 06:33:38
The TD-W8970 includes Lantiq VRX-268 MIPS 34Kc Multicore CPU, at 500mhz with 64MB DDR2 RAM at 250 MHz and timings 3-5-5-5... Yes, can be overloaded with the bitorrent protocol, but not so much easy as... we think...

If a modern cpu like td-w8970 have, with plenty of ram (64MB, others have 128MB or even 256MB) can overloaded too quickly, something we are doing wrong... Again, yes, can be overloaded with bittorrent protocol... Most of users they not configuring right the settings of their bittorrent software... Too much half/open connections or too much allowed maximum connected peers or wrong configuration with the upload speed, is common practices which reflecting the speed when we are surfing at the same time. Some times, the device is not the only problem... Is and the settings we have in the software which we are using :) ;)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 670

Replies: 8

Related Articles