TP-Link WD 8961ND - Only Power Light Works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-01 18:26:48
Region : India

Model : TD-W8961ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP : BSNL(India)

Hi,

I've been using TP-Link router WD 8961ND for past 8 months or so. Couple of days back, ADSL light stopped working (flashing). Then, I turned off and turned on…It started working.

However, it just lasted for few hours and then completely stopped working. Now, only power light works and remaining LED's doesn't turn-up.

1) Phone line is perfectly working as I am using another router now
2) I did hard reset as well...Nothing changed.
3) Not able to access TP-Link Configuration page (Yes, no link between PC and Router)

I would appreciate if someone can come-up with a solution for this problem. Has anybody faced similar problem? Do, I have to change the router?

Please help.
Options
5 Reply
Re:TP-Link WD 8961ND - Only Power Light Works
2013-04-03 16:38:37
if possible, try update the modem firmware and see if helps. otherwise, it might be hardware problem
Options
2013-04-22 23:35:32
Sorry for the late reply. I just joined I have the very same problem. After some checks my dealer has agreed that there is some problem with the modem and asked me to wait for about 15 days . I dont know why I have to wait for so long. Is it the policy of the company or is it the dealer who is dodging me?
Options
2013-04-25 23:40:46
It has a three year warranty. Ask the company for a replacement.
Options
2013-04-27 18:29:52
I have bought this model 6 months ago and it dies on me with same symptoms. Since we do not get any warranty in Pakistan its total loss. I am highly disappointed with TP-Link. :(
Options
2013-04-28 08:50:50
hi all,
if you encounter this problem , such as lost the lan connection, some lights not on..
i think it's a hardware problem, maybe a component of modem was damaged, in this case , the only way is contact the dealer to get RMA according to the local policy.
as far as i know , different region has different policy ,, you can consult it with the dealer firstly.
if the dealer is not friendly, you can contact TP-LINK support, they can give a help.
thank you!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1880

Replies: 5