Latest firmware on website is older than firmware already in router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-08 00:27:33
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8961ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 3.0.0 Build 120524 Rel.05221

ISP :

I have just bought this ADSL router. Of course, the first thing I did was upgrade the firmware, or so I thought.

It seems that the firmware on the TP website is older than the one which was pre-installed onto the router.

Website Firmware: 3.0.0 Build 120524 Rel.05221 ------------- i.e. 24.May.2012 Release 05221
Pre-loaded Firmware on router: 3.0.0 Build 120808 Rel.28888 -------------- i.e. 8.August.2012 Release 28888

I have foolishly uploaded the older firmware to the router from the website. I wanted to see what version number showed in the Router's Firmware page so I did a ROM backup, thinking I could always reload the "current" firmware. As it turns out, the ROM file is just the user settings backup.

It is sad that TP-Link doesn't provide change logs.

Does anyone know where to find later firmwares, or even what the change to the firmware was?
And when we can expect a new firmware to be uploaded to the website?

I would much appreciate any information that anyone may be able to provide.

Thank you.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Latest firmware on website is older than firmware already in router
2013-04-09 12:54:15
possibly your pre-installed firmware is the location/ISP customized , which has no big difference from the one on the website. i believe the tplink would just release new firmware when they find new bugs and fixes.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 424

Replies: 1