Yamaha Network AV amp NO NET RADIO

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-11 03:53:13
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.4.0 Build 111108 Rel.40398n

ISP : talk talk

Hi can someone help me with this router. All working well except Net Radio on my Yamaha AV amp. When attempting to listen message receive 'access error' never had this with Linksys router. The amp has been setup with the internal lan gateway address and used dns from talk talk detail. IP has a static IP address . I have tried placing amp in dmz address which didn't work also tried port fowrading 8000 - 8001 which someone said was the port used for yam net radio. none of this helps. Never had to do any of this before simply used local gatway address and local internal dns from the old router and always worked with tp - link just cannot get it to go.

Tried lots of variation gateway and dns addresses none which helped... Please can someone give advise else may have to go back to Linksys but really like this neat little unit.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Yamaha Network AV amp NO NET RADIO
2013-04-11 13:52:31
it seems you have put static ip etc on the AV machine, have you tried to ping the ip on a local pc, see if the address is available.
if the address is reachable in the local network, then you can test if the port is opened, eg, telnet 192.168.1.X 8000.
Options
Yamaha AV amp issue.
2013-05-14 14:52:19
Thanks for this I have already performed checks on internal LAN which are fine and port seems to be open ok - however from Yamaha support there are some adsl gateway switches / routers which do upset the working of the yam net radio which is very frustrating.

Initially I decided to place the amp on a static route then connect to it over the web through dynamic NS services but for some reason could never get this to work perhaps due to the network interface capability in the amp. Not really sure what else I can do. For info I always place the gateway address to the local lan adsl router / switch and the primary and secondary DNS address to that of my ISP. Is this the best solution OR is it better to run DNS through the local LAN router ??
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 2