TP-LINK USB Printer Controller is causing BSOD

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-13 03:19:51
Region : Portugal

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Two week ago I bought the TD-W8970 ADSL router model. I’m using a canon pixma IP4700 printer connected to the router USB print server port and everything is working without any issues if I just look to the router functionalities.

However since that I’ve installed TP-LINK USB Printer Controller, my both computers (desktop with windows 7 and laptop with windows 8) are getting very often some BSOD.

I was editing all files automatically generated by windows on this cases and if seems that the cause of this issue is the file TplinkUDSMBus.sys (installed by USB Printer Controller).

To check the impact of this, I’ve uninstalled the TP-LINK USB Printer Controller software from my laptop and I don’t have any BSOD since 5 days ago. In the desktop I’m still have the same issue.

Anyone knows a solution for this? The router print server is a nice functionality and I really want to use it.

Thanks for your support.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-LINK USB Printer Controller is causing BSOD
2013-04-16 14:22:54
no idea, :confused:why not contact tplink support ,see if they have any solution,
Options
2015-01-16 01:55:22
For anyone facing the same issue, I have some hope here. Try this version of their software:

http://www.tp-link.com/resources/software/TL-WR1043ND_V2_USB_Printer_Controller_Utility_140613.zip

I know its for some other model router but I have found this to be working for my TD-W8968 v3 Modem/Router without causing any BSOD crashes (as of posting this). Procedure:

1. Uninstall the current version of TP-Link USB Printer Controller.
2. Reboot your PC.
3. Download & install the other version of their utility from the link given above.
4. Reboot again.

It worked for me so hopefully it should work for others also.

- Akash
Options
2015-01-16 08:44:12
:D WOW ,Fantastic , my friend just did as what you said and he successfully solved his problem , that's great , thank you so much , Akash!
Options