NAS not being seen on nework

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-16 22:45:55
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin

I've just replaced my aging ZyXel Wireless Router with a TD-W8970 which connects to the internet with no problems whatsoever.
However, I have an ethernet connected Western Digital MyBookLive NAS which is happily allocated an IP addess but does not show up on my network on my PC (Windows Vista - fully patched). A usb connected pen drive and exactly the same. Am I missing something blindingly obvious? On the ZyXel the NAS worked with no problems whatsoever.

TIA.

Jabod

Edited to add:

The problem with the NAS was my internet security Bitdefender. For some reason, on installing the TP-W8970, it switched my firewall status to public from home/office. Corrected that and the NAS can now be seen over the network.
This does not fix the USB attached pen drive not being seen problem though.
Options
2 Reply
Re:NAS not being seen on nework
2013-04-17 16:42:23
you may log into the tplink web page and check if you have enabled the server under usb settings, storage sharing, and does your usb drive appear on that page?
Options
Re:NAS not being seen on nework
2013-04-17 21:58:17
Hi Barry and ta fro the response.

FTP Server &Storage Sharing both active. Pen drive seen under USB Mass Storage and is Active. Can't see the drive in My Computer nor on the network where I would expect to see it).

Jabod
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1093

Replies: 2