W8970 problem with humax foxsat HDR

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-17 17:08:08
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I'm not very network savvy but I know a wee bit and can usually troubleshoot simple probs like this.

However, I need your help to get this sorted so any advice much appreciated.

Had an old bt wireless router modem and its hard wired to my humax frees at box. Works fine using dhcp to sort everything out. Bought a new router to improve network and I can't for the life of me get it to work. I have tried manually assigning the ip and using dhcp to no avail.

Basically the box gets and ip and it appears in the client list, I see in the router log the reqests and ack lines. It then doesn't nothing and behaves as if it's not connected.

The only thing I can see that's different with the new router is the client name field is blank, on the old router it was called unknown.

I have made sure all firewalls etc are disabled, factory reset everything, looked through the menus for obvious stuff but I can't find anything to get it to work.

Both humax and tp-link phone calls have bore no fruit.

Plz help as the wife is miffed I spent money on something she feels is inferior
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 163

Replies: 0