Low SNR at rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Low SNR at rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Low SNR at rebooting
Low SNR at rebooting
2013-04-18 06:48:06
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-8817

Hardware Version : V7

Firmware Version :

ISP : Sky

Have just started using my TD-8817 in bridge mode to get a PPPOE/MER connection to Sky LLU. It is bridged to an ASUS N66U after problems with wireless on a 1043ND

It works perfectly for 2 weeks but tonight, is syncing at too fast a speed with an SNR Margin of 1.4 which is causing an unusable connection

The image attached was taken 10 seconds after rebooting the modem

I have telnetted into the modem and found the limited menu commands 'wan adsl snroffset' which suggests that it should be possible to set an increased SNR margin however within the 'set' menu snroffset does not exist.

I believe this is a trendchip router - is there a way of forcing a higher SNR Margin/lowe sync speed?

I can't ask my ISP to adjust things at their end as they do not support users using their own routers.

I used to be able to do this with my Netgear DG834G/GT....

Thanks for your help.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Low SNR at rebooting
2013-07-03 10:44:56
Hi.
To improve NR Margin/lowe sync speed, you can change the ADSL mode on the modem for a try.

Options
Nice post
2013-10-02 20:32:28
It is a pity, that now I can not express - I hurry up on job. I will be released - I will necessarily express the opinion.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 913

Replies: 2

Related Articles