Need more than 8 MAC addresses in the Wireless filter...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-26 18:18:15
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8951ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : N/A

I'm looking to replace a Voyager 2110 with this unit. Looking good apart from the MAC filtering for wireless appears to only allow 8 addresses for allow / block. I use MAC adress filtering to protect the network but have work / own laptop, wife / son / daughter's laptop, daugher's boyfriend laptop / phone and Wii to include, so 8 isn't enough.

AM I missing something or is there a newer version of software for the router to handle more MACs in the list?

Shame - if I can't crack this, then I'll have to stay with the Voyager...

Thanks
John
Options
4 Reply
Re:Need more than 8 MAC addresses in the Wireless filter...
2013-04-27 15:19:16
i think your modem is using TC chipset, and it's limited to 8 wireless filtering rules
Options
2013-05-01 13:42:40
I have the same issue. Is TP-Link planning any new firmware upgrade to fix this. Most of the other brands allow much more than 8 filtering rules.
Options
2013-05-28 07:12:42
Same problem here.
It's such a shame that a brand like TP-LINK hasn't tought about this. Wireless security it's very important these days, passwords only are not enought.
I bought a 300 Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router, model TD-W8961ND ver 2.1, I wanted to get rid of my old D-LINK but it seems that I have to get back to it because I could save to a maximum of 20 MAC Address.
Done a firmware upgrade today, the firmware was dated 4/27/2012 , since this date no more firmwares from TP-LINK ?

Please fix this!

Thanks.

Miguel.
Options
2013-09-26 22:58:23
I just aware this limitation, it's make me reconsider to buy TP-Link
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2568

Replies: 4