problems expanding wifi with TL-WA850RE and Android devices.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

problems expanding wifi with TL-WA850RE and Android devices.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
11 Reply
Re:problems expanding wifi with TL-WA850RE and Android devices.
2014-09-14 10:34:26

anovikov wrote

I had the same problem with Android devices connecting to tp link wifi range extender. Because there was no clear answer to multiple questions about this issue, I just want to say how it worked out for me. The crucial thing was (I think) to assign a STATIC IP to my tp link wireless range extender within the main router! I had to find out the MAC-address of my tp-link extender and manually assign a fixed (static) address to the device with this MAC-address in the main router. IThis is NOT related to the Static IP Mode of the tp-link extender - it should REMAIN in Smart Mode! And the last thing I did was to check the option "Translate DNS address" in the main router, but I am not sure it is absolutely necessary. Anyway, my android cellphone now works with this extender like a charm.

Can you tell me how to find out which is mi tp link extender mac address?
Thanks!
Options
Related Articles