Interface Grouping & VLAN Issue in W8980

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-06 19:15:45
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8980

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : TPG

I got this new ADSL dual band router a couple of days back and been tinkering around with it to setup VLAN \ Interface grouping using the user manual.

The reason I'm trying to do interface grouping and VLAN is to group my guest wifi at home (2.4ghz) in a separate IP Range 192.168.xx.xx range. And my home wireless devices in the 10.136.xx.xx range. Primarily because I wouldn't want guests to communicate with my home network devices.

So far I can create 2 groups in interface grouping. 'VLAN EXT and 'Int VLAN'; I can even assign different IP ranges under the LAN menu screen for each VLAN - Perfect.

However unfortunately to my requirement, devices on 192.168.xx.xx wifi Lan can still ping 10.136.xx.xx wifi Lan. This is a deal breaker as according to me different VLANs are not supposed to 'communicate' each other unless they are grouped together in an 'interface group' - in this router setting.

Any tips any one?

Cheers,
G
File:
VLAN IP RAnge.jpgDownload
VLAN Setup.JPGDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 849

Replies: 0

Related Articles