W8970 print server - can't add printer in control panel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-07 18:00:19
Region : Others

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I am struggling to get a printer added through the print server. The printer is set up in the TP-Link USB Printer Controller and selected as the auto-connect printer. I can scan through the server, but can't add the printer in control panel or see it as a option when printing. The printer is a Samsung SCX-340F. Any advise would be appreciated.
Options
9 Reply
Re:W8970 print server - can't add printer in control panel
2013-05-09 14:46:34
is your printer driver installed properly on the computer? says you can print with no problem when connecting printer directly to computer.
Options
2013-05-10 15:47:23

Barry Martin wrote

is your printer driver installed properly on the computer? says you can print with no problem when connecting printer directly to computer.

Yes I can print when directly connected. Do I have to add network printer? I tried, but nothing shows, I tried to add it with the router's IP, also no luck. The scanner works fine through the router.
Options
2013-05-20 01:18:34
hey guys,
got the same problem with my wrt1043ND and a samsung clp310 laser printer.
the solution to my problem was yet simple but not easy to find out.
i unistalled samsung universal print driver, then i downloaded from the samsung homepage only the driver with smart panel, installed it,
afterwards installed TL-WR1043ND_USB_Printer_ Control.
printer was in the menu, i auto connected

hope it will help :)
Options
2013-05-25 16:29:08

deonlr wrote

Yes I can print when directly connected. Do I have to add network printer? I tried, but nothing shows, I tried to add it with the router's IP, also no luck. The scanner works fine through the router.

I just bought a TD-W8968 and configured it without problem but the print server is not working. I can see the printer on the USB storage page of the router but can't be seen on the USB Printer controller. Anyone having this problem. If it is nopt possible to solve I must return it to the seller.
The printer is a Brother DCP-J315W.
Thanks for the help

Options
2013-05-26 15:27:50
I tried a different PC with W8 32 bit and the printer is on the list of the USB controller but only scanner works. I was not able to use the printer. Tomorrow I will go to shop e ask money back.

Addio TP-Link
Options
2013-06-01 01:38:31
Ciao Mauro,
I suppose you should see the printer in the "Print Server " page of the router , not in USB storage that is used for usb keys and usb disks. So please go in the USB SETTINGS --> PRINT SERVER and if the service is stopped then start it ( START button ). Note that if you used the last version of printer utility, you must update the router firmware first as specified here:
http://www.tp-link.it/support/download/?model=TD-W8968&version=V1#tbl_b

Greetings !
Options
2013-06-02 23:41:07
Ciao sisifo, Thanks for the suggestion. I already done as you said. I was not lucky. By the way, I returned it to the shop and I think I will no more buy tp-link products.

Greetings!!
Options
2013-06-06 01:46:33
I understand and I agree with you. Bye !
Options
2014-06-02 10:09:16
I tried the suggestion of using TL-WR1043 Usb printer controller software and it worked. Seems that the Web page people and customer support do not know they should copy that driver in the the TD-W8980 download area. MAC problem solved.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1220

Replies: 9

Related Articles