Wireless won't authenticate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-15 20:34:44
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 1.4.0 Build 111108 Rel.40398n

ISP : TPG

A couple of days ago, my wireless connection stopped letting me connect. Prior to this, it had been working fine for months on end, and I had made no configuration changes. I've tried the following things;

1. I have been unable to connect using my Macbook Pro, Macbook Air or my Windows 7 PC

2. The SSID still shows up in the list of available wireless networks in the area, and the single strength is strong.

3. I've reset the modem (several times) and tried tweaking some basic settings, such as renaming the SSIS and changing the WPA2 key. I've also tried removing all security whatsoever. Still nothing.

4. If I connect to the modem via cable, I see that the wireless is enabled. In fact, if I try to configure it to run in bridge mode, it can scan and successfully detect other wireless networks in the area... which kinda suggests the wireless is physically working

What else can I do?
Options
1 Reply
authentication
2013-08-27 09:49:00
Sounds like a network problem. Check your wireless adapter settings- it should have an IP address 192.168.1.xxx. If not, your modem is not set as DHCP for wireless network. To fix, set your modem to DHCP then reset your computer's wireless adapter.
Options