How to set TD-8840T v4 to work with German Annex J / Annex B

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-17 00:13:02
Region : Germany

Model : TD-8840

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : latest

ISP : German Telekom

Hi,

I would like to set this Modem to work with the german version of Annex J, but it does not, no matter which DSL type I set.

In previous hardware revisions, it was possible to set it to Annex B using these commands:

sys modelcheck off
wan adsl annex b
sys save

But they do not work with v4 anymore :(

Any idea how to make it work with Annex J in Germany?
Options
3 Reply
Re:How to set TD-8840T v4 to work with German Annex J / Annex B
2013-05-24 10:31:40
if you want to use command line to change it , first you need to get a annex B firmware, but i checked tp-link website , it seems this model has no annex B version.
so i think you can't do that by yourself, also Annex A and B have a little difference from the hardware, so it's not a good way to use annex B firmware to upgrade annex A device , maybe it will cause performance down or damage device.
Options
2013-05-29 18:30:47
Thanks cake, so the question is: will there ever bee an Annex B firmware for that device? Or is any compatible one available?
Options
2013-06-07 20:29:42

Jackie wrote

Thanks cake, so the question is: will there ever bee an Annex B firmware for that device? Or is any compatible one available?

Hi, Jackie. Not sure if there is an Annex B firmware for TD-8840.
I find that TD-W8961NB and TD-W8951NB can support Annex B after searching TP-LINK website.
Hope this could help you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 676

Replies: 3

Related Articles