Help needed to connect using tata photon CDMA USB Modem in India

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-17 16:22:56
Region : India

Model : TL-MR3020

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Tata Photon

Hello Friends, I have recently bought TP Link MR 3020 3G/4G router. It works very well when I use it with my Idea netsetter USB modem (Huiwei); however, I get no internet access message when I use it with Tata Photon CDMA USB modem. Please help.
Options
8 Reply
Same Issue
2013-05-28 16:37:08

Navpritsingh wrote

Region : India

Model : TL-MR3020

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Tata Photon

Hello Friends, I have recently bought TP Link MR 3020 3G/4G router. It works very well when I use it with my Idea netsetter USB modem (Huiwei); however, I get no internet access message when I use it with Tata Photon CDMA USB modem. Please help.

I have the same issue despite it being shown as compatible and identified by router we cant access net... Whats worse the companies customer care is always unavailable...
Options
Re:Help needed to connect using tata photon CDMA USB Modem in India
2013-05-28 16:40:15
Same issue despite it being shown compatible and whats worse is that we cant even speak to customer care in India cos its always unavailable
Options
2013-05-29 16:57:12
Hi, all.
I find that the following link is really helpful, have you read it?
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=400

I am curious about the model number of Tata Photon CDMA USB modem. What is it?
After you plug the modem into the router, on the Status page of TL-MR3020, the router can identify the modem?
Can you also check the hardware version and firmware version on TL-MR3020?
Options
2013-05-29 20:51:54
The model number is EC1261 Huawei which is supported in the list as well. And the router is running the latest firmware also in status page the modem is shown as identified and shows signal strength. After following some of the instructions, internet is now accesible via wLAN on pc but via wifi its not even connecting now.
Options
2013-05-30 16:27:59
Hi, Athul.
"After following some of the instructions, internet is now accesible via wLAN on pc but via wifi its not even connecting now."
Internet is working when you plug an Ethernet cable into the router and computer? And the router can also receive an 3G IP address on the Status page?
And just wireless is not working? Any more information? All of your devices cannot connect to the wireless network of the router or?
Options
2013-07-15 02:49:00
Issue : Cannot Access Internet via TATA PHOTON+

Router :Hardware version: V1
Firmware :Upgraded to 130326

ISP : Tata Photon+
Device :Huawei EC156 (Device is Listed in manufacturer's site as supported)

on STATUS page i get following:

3G/4G Modem : Identified
Signal Strength : 70% (var. 30~70%)
Connected Time :00.00.00 CONNECTING.............

-And it never connects.I have noticed many users had similar problem on various other platforms. But nobody posted a solution.
I wonder if someone here might have got a clue and how to fix it.

Thanx:)
Options
2013-07-15 13:05:36

nitsmash wrote

Issue : Cannot Access Internet via TATA PHOTON+

Router :Hardware version: V1
Firmware :Upgraded to 130326

ISP : Tata Photon+
Device :Huawei EC156 (Device is Listed in manufacturer's site as supported)

on STATUS page i get following:

3G/4G Modem : Identified
Signal Strength : 70% (var. 30~70%)
Connected Time :00.00.00 CONNECTING.............

-And it never connects.I have noticed many users had similar problem on various other platforms. But nobody posted a solution.
I wonder if someone here might have got a clue and how to fix it.

Thanx:)

It seems the Huawei EC156 has been successfully recognized by the router and you signal strength you get is good. The problem that you are never connected to the internet possibly caused by the mismatching network parameters, such as the Dial number and APN. You can find a solution from the part3 of the troubleshooting guide http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=400.
Options
Got it Working
2013-07-15 16:45:37

Matthew cook wrote

It seems the Huawei EC156 has been successfully recognized by the router and you signal strength you get is good. The problem that you are never connected to the internet possibly caused by the mismatching network parameters, such as the Dial number and APN. You can find a solution from the part3 of the troubleshooting guide http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=400.

Thnx Matthew finally it's working so just Wanna share

Here Something I did :
-Restore firmware to back what it came with (I've upgraded it soon after I r'cvd device after a few unsuccessful attempts).
-Restore my USB MODEM to factory defaults .
-Spent some time on correct positioning of router (I've noticed this made huge diff. at some places it still doesn't connect ).
-Iam using an extension cable for USB MODEM .(not sure if this makes any significant difference.)

The connection is consistent so far could connect my laptop, smartphones & desktop.

Iam writing this post from my IPad connected to the router right now .

Hope this is helpful to others :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 654

Replies: 8